Fitness Equipment from Canadian Tire

Teresa652
Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone purchased or know anyone that has purchased equipment from Canadian Tire? The reason I'm asking is because I want to get an elliptical machines and I seen in the flyer that all equipment is 50% off. I want to know if anyone has had problems with stuff from there or have they had a good piece of equipment. I know not to buy from Walmart since they break easy. Any feedback please.

Replies

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    I've never bought any exercise equipment from CT, but I have tried it in the store. The stuff isn't far off from Walmart stuff. Heck, they're probably made in the same factory with different branding. But, for light duty use in the home, it might be fine for awhile. Obviously, the more you pay for it, the better it'll be.

Make sure you look at the "max weight allowed" for a particular piece. Usually the cheaper equipment have way lower "max weight" than the more expensive stuff you'd find at an exercise equipment retailer.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    My mom got treadmill from Canadian Tire a couple of years ago and it seems fine, but it's gently used (she walks on it, no running)
    I have heard good things about Flaman Fitness equipment... that is if you live in western Canada or Ontario.
This discussion has been closed.