I hope it's not hard to loose 40LBS

Options
I am just beginning to use this wonderful tool. I just wanted to say hello.

I am trying out the Paleo Solutions diet so if anyone has any comments on that please chime in and let me know what you think.

My goal is to loose 40LBS to start and then some more from there. But it should be fun!

Replies

• tinahagar
    Options
    I need to lose around 60 pounds. I really hope it's not gonna be too hard too!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great tool - welcome!

I wish I could tell you it's not hard - it IS but it's so worth it. You have to have discipline, self-control, personal responsibility and motivation to keep going even when you have a bad day or the scale isn't cooperating - all of these you can only find within yourself. However, I find that although it's hard, it's enjoyable! I love trying healthier recipes and feeling accomplished every day. I also love how I feel when I regularly workout and treat my body with the respect it deserves - both with exercise and the fuel I'm giving it. I'm also really enjoying the newfound freedom that comes with realizing only I am responsible for what I do to my body - I know that I will be successful because it's up to me!

So... it's not "easy" but it's not impossible, and hopefully you'll find some parts of the journey fun and definitely rewarding.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    PS - here is a great thread by people who view the weight-loss journey as a positive thing - something that is hard but still enjoyable.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144258-am-i-the-only-one
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It will be a long journey-but it is for your life. It is worth it. I am looking to lose 40 more pounds-and so far I have struggled. It didn't come on overnight-therefore it isn't going away overnight. It is a demanding journey, but worth the effort.
  • pechia22
    Options
    Thanks for the insight! I'll check out he journey thread. I know it won't be easy but I think it will be new and exciting and yes rewarding once I start making head way.

Thank you!