Overate by 1500 calories. Ugh

Options
Terrible day. I just started munching at work and couldn't stop, then when I logged everything when I got home I saw how bad it was so for some reason I ate MORE. Ugh. Now I feel sick and hate myself. I don't know, lately I've just been munching constantly, I feel like I'm throwing all my work out the window for some cinnamon twists, but I KEEP eating. I dunno, just wanted to vent a little I suppose. :/

Should I try to balance it out the next few days? That's what I usually do, but that's for maybe a 500 calorie binge. I feel like I need to atone for this somehow, but cutting out 2500 extra calories seems impossible.

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    It happens. I had three servings of ice cream in a day and felt like complete *kitten* (physically)

For me, the balance comes naturally. I will have bottomless pit stomach for a few days in a row sometimes, and then other days I'll come in at a few hundred under my (net) calorie goal. You can try balancing it out by counting though and see how it goes. Spread it over a week, not a day or two though, if you cut too drastically and aren't used it it, that could lead to binging or hanger.
  • Octopodidae
    Options
    It's okay, really! If it's a frequent pattern for you to start munching (like several times a week), then I think that would be the point where you might want to focus time on it. Possibly not on minimizing damage, but more along the reason why you did it in the first place. Personally, I'm prone to stress eating. Getting cravings for fatty, sugary foods is like an internal alarm that my anxiety is climbing.

Sometimes you will have days where you eat too many calories. It is okay. Your progress isn't going to be lost in one sitting, I promise. :smile: