New to MFP!

Options
Hey everyone~ I am new to MFP and am super excited about utlizing this site to achieve my goals in 2011! I found out about MFP through my mom who was recently diagnosed with diabetes. She has handled it very well and turned her lifestyle into a healthy one including to quit smoking:smile:

I have been inspired by all of your success stories and hope to become even healthier this year. My goal is to lose 10 lbs (15 is my stretch goal) which seems so trivial compared to others' goals. I have been active and athletic all my life until I graduated college, got married and stepped into the real world of working full-time and not making the time to work out. I have gone through periods of getting on and then falling off the bandwagon of working out for the past 5-6 years. I rediscovered my love for running last year and ran my first 10k and LOVED it! Not to mention I dropped a few pounds and felt better than ever.

I know that the weight gain did not happen overnight and I know it will not go away overnight. I weighed about 125 when I graduated high school (2001) and am now around 140. I am currently training for my first 1/2 marathon and cross training with Jillian Michaels videos: Shred It With Weights (kettlebells) and Melt It With Yoga. I have dabbled in the P90X videos but that is such a huge time commitment when I run so much and work ~60 hours a week. I will keep y'all posted!!! :smile:

Replies

• ctchicky
    Options
    Ha! You weigh the same as I do and have the same goal in mind 10-15 pounds. Those always seem to be the toughest to lose. Good luck!
  • vkoran
    vkoran Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh cool! We can motivate each other then:happy: Yeah, I want to do it the right way so I lose it and maintain a healthy weight. Good luck to you too!