What do you do to stay motivated?

Options
I have a hard time staying motivated... ugh! What do you do to stay motivated. Ideas would help :)

Replies

• poodlenoodlemuffin
    poodlenoodlemuffin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a bet with a friend at work. Whoever has the highest % weight loss by December gets to design a cocktail for the other one to drink at the company Christmas party. My friend has an evil sense of humor, so it's a great incentive to try my hardest!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I look at my side-by-side pic (in my profile) and do not want to go back to the old fat me. I also remember sweating profusely, B.O., heartburn (yes - strangely - that went away with the weight loss - probably due to an improved diet), etc.
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I look at the success page on this forum. It keeps me motivated. Wanting to be a size 12 again. I have lost a bit of weight and have now gone from obese to overweight according to my wii fit board lol :) I watch the biggest loser on u tube too and supersize v superskinny. It helps me alot. :happy:

OMG!!! I love Supersize vs Superskinny!!! I do a lot of self talk. I walk four miles six days a week and that is an excellent time to list my accomplishments for the week in my head. Like I had a couple bad days, but yesterday was determined to get back on track so I literally cheered myself on all day for everything I did. For walking, drinking my water, and sticking to my food plan for the day. Cause seriously for two days this week I kept calling myself a loser for binging. While I walk I also daydream about the breast reduction and tummy tuck that I want to have. And I can't have those things unless I exercise and eat right to lose weight. Believe me I have to be my own cheerleader because there isn't anyone else at home cheering me on. It gets frustrating cause sometimes I want my husband to just say WOW!!! You're a rockstar!!! Pfft. Please. I know that's not gonna happen. Lol.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Little victories help a lot I find, at least personally, as I tend to be the sort of person that can be dragged along by a little positive momentum. Big goals are fine I think, but its the milestones that are the most critical to me, as they are the things to aim for week to week, or every few days.

If its all a constant struggle though, I would re-evaluate your weight loss plan, as a good (and reasonable) plan gives my willpower a breather I find, and save it for those times when I really need it :)