Cant maintain motivation.

Options
2»

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    http://www.smoothfestivalofchocolate.com.au/ I live in Sydney so we get a lot of nice touristy things. Nice for them and us. I think I will go. I get a lot of fun out of taking pictures and doing things with friends so its not all ad.

Ill try to get some photos. I do have some but they are quite old and not really in my diet motivation now. They are from last year before I gained weight again.

I have done some 5k races. Took me almost an hour which isn't the best time but I am still very happy that I gave it a go.

Oh my gosh, I <3 food trucks. Just the concept is awesome. We hardly ever get them here but it just seems so whimsical and ephemeral. My favorite one here makes jaffles with different fillings each time. If i ask them not to put butter on it, I can usually fit it into my calories - with cut backs elsewhere.

I think in so many ways melraelee is right here. I wish I had tried harder to keep the habit cause it was going really well. I thought entering my food would be enough but it just made me lax. This might be my biggest take away concept from this thread.

I look forward to the pictures. You can get back in the routine, in the beginning it takes a little more work and focus, but the more you repeat it, it becomes just part of what you do. Now I'm off to check out that website :)
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I feel kind of mean saying this buy I'm pretty motivated by my roommate. Not because he supports me or , but because he eats like garbage. Whenever we both make a meal together seeing somebody else eat half a box of pasta and 4 slices of Texas toast kind of makes me reevaluate everything.

It also amuses me to no end that he hates when I buy more healthy stuff that he doesn't want to eat and that he thinks it's ridiculous that I pull out my phone to check the nutrients of a thing before I tell him how much to make me.

I think it'd be a bigger motivating factor if he'd join me in the weight loss thing, because he could stand to lose the weight, too, but for now just being at odds with him is fun and has kept me on track.
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm not motivated to go to the gym today. I'm going anyway. I'm committed to maintain my new healthy habits the same way I was committed to success in graduate school. Can't afford to wait for motivation, inspiration, "likes" or "rah rah's". I simply have business to attend to. Then I go have fun.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Motivation will come and go. You need to work on setting up good habits and routines

I log my food because it's part of my routine just like showering or brushing my teeth. I know that not every day will be perfect, but it will be the best I can do on that given day. In the beginning when it wasn't part of my routine, I set reminders and scheduled appointment time in my daily calender just like I would for meetings. I scheduled my exercise time, set time in my morning to pre log my food.

Bam! Habit wins over motivation every time.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    One of the things I do is stay connected with my why. Why I started this, what will this bring me, and how will my life change if I complete this? Setbacks, plateaus, and confusion will come but your why has to be bigger than those to push forward. When you have an established why within you, it's better to connect with others who share the same passions. This way you all push each other to do greater every time. I own my journey well, but when I know there's a put up or shut up deal with my accountability partners, it holds my feet to the fire even moreso. HTH :0) \o/
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You should find out what really motivates you. Easier said than done - I still have no idea what motivates/inspires me.
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I try to remember to slow down and ask myself "does this choice fit in my plan for the day?". If it does I eat it. If not, I will choose something else.
    It gets easier every day!