need a guiding hand

Options
Okay, I've tried every diet imaginable with no success. I get motivated for the first few days and then the motivation is gone. I have about 30 lbs. to lose and just don't know how to get started. Planning healthy meals low in calories is so overwhelming to me. I eat constantly and do consume way too much beer. I guess I just don't know where to start.

Replies

• james3302
    james3302 Posts: 119
    Options
    Enter your food here and stay within the set limits. Lean meats and veggies are low in calories, make sure to drink plenty of water.
  • dinacav
    dinacav Posts: 12
    Options
    I always get bored or discouraged really easily. You should try just counting your calories for a few days, and then seeing where you can improve. Throw in a bit of exercise and you're in good shape!
  • thomasmarnold
    Options
    Pattyannie, this is the best place you could have stumbled upon. Just start counting calories, add some exercise, add some friends for supportdrink a little more water and a little less beer and before you know it you will be losing weight like the rest of us. If I can do this anyone can. You just have to want it. It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. You have to think of it that way. You are getting yourself healthy. mind and body. You can do this.... join us!!!! You won't regret it.
  • pattyannie
    pattyannie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting-I'm going to give it a heck of a try!!! Still pretty intimidated though.
  • angel1_abe
    angel1_abe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm going to turn 40 in 9 months and would like to start a new phase in life that's healthier than the last 10 years. I can't believe it, I weigh what I did during my pregnancy from years ago! I'd lost all that weight & gained it back. Diabetes runs in our family so I am concerned with making healthy choices AND losing the weight!!! I am so happy to find this website with friends to support each other. Thanks for all your encouragement.