Fat and Furious

Options
I was a collegiate tennis player. During my playing days, I weighed 140 lbs--I now tip the scale at 180 lbs. I know what I need to do to play tennis at the highest level again, but I've become just another has been, full of excuses. I started working right away after I graduated college, and haven't had time to really get back into hardcore training again. On top of all that, I have anxiety issues that prevent me from going hard because i get anxious and panicky when my heart rate picks up. It's hard to workout alone so I try to go out and do a little here and there with friends. Anyway, I think MFP will help balance my daily caloric intake, and i've also started doing the TRX program. I'm also planning on getting into a little bit of running. I tried P90X for a second, but at the time, it just wasn't for me at all! I'm also willing to give that another shot to see where it takes me.

I need a lot of support and would greatly appreciate your push and your friendship. Let's do this together!

Replies

• Knbrooks42
    Knbrooks42 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Very clever topic name :)

Just buckle down and set your mind to it, and you will be able to be back down to your weight during the active tennis playing days. This site is a very useful tool in losing weight and I'm sure you can gain lots of the support you are looking for.

Good luck with everything!
  • jpondy
    jpondy Posts: 6
    Options
    Back in my 40's I had anxiety about my heart rate getting up too. I finally just turned it over to the good lord and let it rip. If it's time, it's time and no elevated heart rate is going to change that so just hit it (within reason).
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Love the topic name. :) Anger can be a great motivator but remember, weightloss is a simple formula: calories in vs calories out. My old weight watchers leader went from almost 400 pounds to 170s JUST BY WALKING (and eating well). He never sweat, he never pushed himself, he just stuck with it. Patience SUCKS sometimes and we want our results N.O.W., but the weight didn't come on overnight and you won't lose it that way either. Best of luck!