NSV - cute cheap dresses (with pics)

Options
UmmSqueaky
UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
I live in the land of Target. You go to Target to pick up some eggs, and end up walking away with some new shoes, a scarf and some lightbulbs too. It's insidious, but I've embraced it.

Before beginning my weight loss journey 10 months ago, I couldn't fit into Target's "normal" clothing range (ie xs-xxl). I could fit their plus sized clothing, but sadly a lot of the cuter stuff wasn't scaled up for the fluffier crowd.

So last March, I stopped by Target to pick up a card for a wedding I was going to attend later that day. On a whim, I decided to try on a cute dress - XXL - maybe it would fit, but certainly not zip up. Oh, it fit. So I bought it. And some tights (assets size 4) and a new scarf. I wore that dress until it got too baggy.

In July, I went to look for another new dress, thinking I could get an XL this time. Nope, I fit into a L.

Then yesterday I needed something a bit more formal, a little less fun. Surely I'd still be a L. Nope, I got a medium. And a size 2 assets tights.

245jwgz.jpg

Bonus points for anyone who recognizes the person I'm with in the upper right picture. In fact, if you know send me a friend request (with a note, because I only accept friend requests with notes), because you're obviously an awesome person and I need you on my friends list.

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And I like the cat on the leash. :)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Way to go!

As a side note, I love Target dresses. I have a few that I bought for work and always get complements on them. Not bad for a $20 dress.
  • lanton5110
    Options
    Is your kitty an indoor kitty? I have a rather rambunctious indoor kitty that I think would enjoy being out on a leash. I'm wondering how well they work :)

Congrats! You look fab!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- your dresses are very cute :) I am excited at the shopping opportunities as I lose weight too!! Thanks for posting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!