New to MFP and question about the ticker

I am confused! I went to setting and turned on the ticker for my posts. Then I clicked on the link in the "How to format your posts" post about customizing a ticker but the links just take me to my home page.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Go to Apps, then click on Ticker, then Personalize. Hope this helps.
  • glitter1021
    glitter1021 Posts: 11 Member
    When I click on "ticker" at the top of the app page, it takes me to my home page. Maybe the ticker function isn't working right now.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Mine is working ok. Are you on the app or the website? Don't know if it matters but I am on the website
  • glitter1021
    I am on the website. Frustrating. I emailed MFP because something it wrong with the ticker link on the APPS page. Badges works and I can see the different badges but when I click on Tickers it takes me to my home page.
  • hrtunstall
    hrtunstall Posts: 49 Member
    The same thing is happening to me on the website. I hope your email will get them to fix it.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    I just went to turn my ticker on after seeing your post and it let me do it just fine. I hope yours gets fixed quickly.
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    It's happening to me too, it's driving me insane.
  • glitter1021
    I am glad to see that I am not the only one! Whew! I am so proud of my loss that I want a ticker, dang it! :) Hopefully I will get an answer soon. I will be sure to post here when I find out.

Might not hurt for others having the problem to email them as well.
  • hrtunstall
    hrtunstall Posts: 49 Member
    Hey!! I replied yesterday that the same thing was happening to me. Well, today I was checking out the site a little more & I found a way to do it!! Go to your homepage, click on your profile & you will find the link to personalizing your ticker. Let me know if it works for you. I hope so!
  • glitter1021
    It doesn't look like it worked for you either, hrtunstall. You don't have a ticker on your post.

I received an email from MFP people and they know there is an issue and working on it. Right now, new members can not place a ticker on their account. We just have to wait until they fix it.

At least I know now that I am not going crazy! LOL