1200 calories plus exercise and I have Gained Help Please!

Options
Hi, so I'm so disheartened I have exercised everyday this week and ate 1200 calories and I gained today :-( Could anyone shine a light on to why?? The last 2 weeks I lost 5 pounds so I don't understand why I gained this week. Could Pmt or water be the problem?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Is the exercise new or increased this week, by chance? I ask because new exercise programs commonly cause the muscles to hold onto a little extra water to help cushion and repair the muscles. Could also be caused by hormones, TOM, sodium, stress, or any number of other reasons.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hi, so I'm so disheartened I have exercised everyday this week and ate 1200 calories and I gained today :-( Could anyone shine a light on to why?? The last 2 weeks I lost 5 pounds so I don't understand why I gained this week. Could Pmt or water be the problem?

Could just be water...

But do you have a food scale?
    Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat?? and put in your mouth?
    Do you have a cheat meal/day?? if so, you could be wiping out a weeks worth of deficit.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary?
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    have you taken measurements ?
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    You should open up your diary so we can take a look...
  • katieredmond5243
    Options
    I have a cheat day every Friday usually, but it's never over 7000 calories.i have opened my diary if that's any help :-)
  • katieredmond5243
    Options

Could just be water...

Do you have a cheat meal/day?? if so, you could be wiping out a weeks worth of deficit.

I'm such a fussy eater so I do measure all my food as only certain foods I will eat such as rice which is not always the best so I tend to measure most things.

I don't measure myself which maybe I should i tend to focus constantly on what the scales say feel like I just hit a brick wall all the time :-(.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Could just be water...

I'm such a fussy eater do I do measure all my food as only certain foods I will eat such as rice which is not always the best so I tend to measure most things.

I don't measure which maybe I should i tend to focus constantly on what the scales say feel like I just hit a brick wall all the time :-(.

Measure or weigh? A food scale is going to be much more accurate than measuring cups.

With as little as you're netting, you should be losing. You're definitely eating more than you think.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Could just be water...

I'm such a fussy eater so I do measure all my food as only certain foods I will eat such as rice which is not always the best so I tend to measure most things.

I don't measure myself which maybe I should i tend to focus constantly on what the scales say feel like I just hit a brick wall all the time :-(.

You measure some food or all food?
  • katieredmond5243
    Options

Could just be water...

I'm such a fussy eater do I do measure all my food as only certain foods I will eat such as rice which is not always the best so I tend to measure most things.

I don't measure which maybe I should i tend to focus constantly on what the scales say feel like I just hit a brick wall all the time :-(.

Measure or weigh? A food scale is going to be much more accurate than measuring cups.

With as little as you're netting, you should be losing. You're definitely eating more than you think.

I weigh my food everything i eat and I log EVER THING due to me having issues with food!! I'm not eating anything other then what I log
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Then your measurements are off or something....

Cause at 1200 you should be losing.....unless you are really tiny.

How much weight have you gained?
    Also is it TOM for you?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day every Friday usually, but it's never over 7000 calories.i have opened my diary if that's any help :-)

Your cheat day is never over 7,000 calories?!?!? If you come even close to 7,000 calories on a cheat day, you could be wiping out any deficit that you incurred the other days.
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    7,000 calorie cheat day? Yikes.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

We have no other stats of OP like weight, height, what MFP is set to lose per week?
  • katieredmond5243
    Options

Only 2 pound but it's still shocking!! No honestly am accurate with everything I eat OCD when it comes to food measuring and logging it in.

Not tiny am a UK size 12 no stomach but bum hips and legs is where I carry most my weight.
  • MityMax96
    Options

Oh I just saw this.....
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Ok, for starters, get this day under control
    Then come back and post your "I am not losing weight" topic. :wink:
  • MityMax96
    Options

Only 2 pound but it's still shocking!! No honestly am accurate with everything I eat OCD when it comes to food measuring and logging it in.

Not tiny am a UK size 12 no stomach but bum hips and legs is where I carry most my weight.

2 pounds ain't a lot honestly.

But if you are doing a cheat day of 7000 calories....

I tell you waht.

Give me these stats:
    weight
    activity level
  • katieredmond5243
    Options

Your cheat day is never over 7,000 calories?!?!? If you come even close to 7,000 calories on a cheat day, you could be wiping out any deficit that you incurred the other days.

No lol to gain 2 pounds I should have ate 7000 calories!! 3500 calories = 1 pound

On a cheat day I eat around 1800 calories that'd including my net of 1200.

Sorry I seem to have confused people
  • sadiebea25
    Options
    Maybe she means 1700 calories? I looked at last Friday, and it was 1700.

7,000 would be quite the cheat day! OP, did you really mean 7,000??? If so, there's your problem!
  • katieredmond5243
    Options

No no lol I have totally confused people 7000 calories = 2 pound lol and that's what I gained!!

But I never ate anything near that last Friday my treat day was 1700!!
    Think maybe I should delete my post and try again lol