New to the message boards, not new to MFP

Options
Hi Everyone!
So I have been logging daily on My Fitness Pal for over two months now..but have not checked out the message boards too much. Figured time to introduce myself. :smile: I am not into the word "dieting" so much as just trying to make a healthier lifestyle for myself.. and taking care of this body while I have it! A little bit about myself.. I am 29 yrs old, a stay at home , homeschooling mom of two kids...my son is 10 and my daughter is 6 . I am also a full time nanny to a baby I have had since she was 2 months old. My days are busy and it is very easy to just grab "whatever" to eat.... But now I am on a mission!!! :happy: I want to lose weight ( and actually keep it off for a change) and be healthier all around. So far MFP has been my addiction..and I love it! :heart: :heart: :heart: I am not seeing a massive drop in my weight but a gradual change which I realize is the kind of change that will keep the weight off. Yes, I still cheat.. :ohwell: but am more aware of what goes into my system which before I hadn't a clue! Finally dusted off my treadmill and have been walking every night for 30-60 minutes..which has helped me out a lot! Soo... that's that! Just wanted to introduce myself now that I am getting the hang of things here :wink:

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    So I have been logging daily on My Fitness Pal for over two months now..but have not checked out the message boards too much. Figured time to introduce myself. :smile: I am not into the word "dieting" so much as just trying to make a healthier lifestyle for myself.. and taking care of this body while I have it! A little bit about myself.. I am 29 yrs old, a stay at home , homeschooling mom of two kids...my son is 10 and my daughter is 6 . I am also a full time nanny to a baby I have had since she was 2 months old. My days are busy and it is very easy to just grab "whatever" to eat.... But now I am on a mission!!! :happy: I want to lose weight ( and actually keep it off for a change) and be healthier all around. So far MFP has been my addiction..and I love it! :heart: :heart: :heart: I am not seeing a massive drop in my weight but a gradual change which I realize is the kind of change that will keep the weight off. Yes, I still cheat.. :ohwell: but am more aware of what goes into my system which before I hadn't a clue! Finally dusted off my treadmill and have been walking every night for 30-60 minutes..which has helped me out a lot! Soo... that's that! Just wanted to introduce myself now that I am getting the hang of things here :wink:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :flowerforyou: nice to see your typing
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Welcome, we all come in different colors, and personalitys as youll quickly find out, Im sure youll fit in somewhere, either way everyones here to help you out with what ever, welcome to the family!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! I know we are all pretty much here for the same reason.... We want to shed the pounds!!!! :bigsmile: It is also nice to have a place to share our experiences, goals, good and bad days. ..as well as accomplishments !