"Is Butter Really Back?" Article explains fat findings

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I like to focus on the 4 Ms:

Macros: make sure that you are eating to your MFP calorie goal and getting enough protein and fat.

Micros: make sure you are eating a balanced diet that includes the RDA of all micronutrients over a week's time.

Moderation: you don't get bonus points for eating more than your RDA of the micros, so you can usually work in some "treats" and still meet your nutritional needs. This makes the lifestyle change more sustainable in the long run. Also, try setting your weight loss goal a little less aggressively - a half pound a week means that you are still losing weight, but you barely miss the calories.

Movement: Your metabolism receives huge benefits - well beyond calories burned - when you get 30 minutes of vigorous activity five times a week.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned, butter never left :wink:

Mo' butter mo' better! :drinker:

And I must agree with everything likitisplit said. I like the concept of the 4 Ms, especially focusing on moderation. Moderation is very valuable for having a healthy relationship with food, as well as a healthy body
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've always like fats...and carbs..... The trick is to NOT EAT TOO MUCH of anything. This article just confirms what I already believed. ~~ Scott
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Hey I just figured out the whole "real" butter concept at age 32.... I've always been around the HUGE tubs of margarine.

I'm learning.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    The article doesn't explain fat findings it just puts it's own spin on it -- which is more of the same. Beef, eggs, butter, full fat milk and cheeses are all healthful and nutritious. And all are better for you than industrial seed oils like canola oil which they recommend in the article.

Canola Oil
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omjWmLG0EAs

Butter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwb2uZLSLhw
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned with the manufacturing process of commercial canola oil, you can buy organic, cold expeller pressed canola oil.