hi my name is....

Options
Hi! my name is katie and i'm new to MFP. i have lost 30lb since august '10 and still have 25lb to go, but i'm loosing motivation. i had a baby in march '10 and i'm getting married in september. i also have a 5year old son, go to college 3 times a week and work 16-20 hours a week as a carer. i should be the size of a twig, but i feel like a whale!

To help motivate myself, me and my partner -jimmychoo87- are signing up for a 10km run in april!

I wake up in a morning with all good intentions....as soon as the kids have gone to bed i'm wanting something sweet. i normaly dont buy sweet things, for this reason, but with christmas just gone and a million selection boxes/tins of chocolates/jaffa cakes in the cupboard i'm starting to be a cupboard bug again!

any tips or tricks on how to stay away from the cupcakes?!?

XX katie XX

Replies

• MrsHunterFellows
    MrsHunterFellows Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nooo stay away from the selection pack...!! bad things in there!!
    if you really feel you should have one then do just have one as a reward for being good all day and this is your treat... do 10 minutes extra exercise to burn it off before u eat it too..... good luck and well done.
  • amiijen
    Options
    do what i did and chuck it away!! some of the stuff ive kept for paiges lunchbox but everything else had to go!! xx:smile:
  • jrtuckerbb
    Options
    It sounds simple but hard candy works for me sometimes. Something like cinnamon disks. For me allowing a small pies of chocolate like one Hersey's kiss at work keeps me form feeling deprived. By not waiting until I haven't eaten any sweets for a week to get a small treat I don't crave it as much. Hope this helps!! Good luck
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    It sounds simple but hard candy works for me sometimes. Something like cinnamon disks. For me allowing a small pies of chocolate like one Hersey's kiss at work keeps me form feeling deprived. By not waiting until I haven't eaten any sweets for a week to get a small treat I don't crave it as much. Hope this helps!! Good luck

this exactly! i find when i deny myself i crave it more and eventually i cave and eat an entire tin of shortbread! D: if i have one or two pieces a day i dont go over my calories and i still get my satisfaction!
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Completely understand how you feel. For the holidays we make food for everyone and it is so hard to be around alll that and to have the leftovers around. You can do this just think how far you have came and were you want to go. IT may stop you in your tracks. If not a treat is not going to make you gain anything remember that!!!!! Just make sure you count the treat
  • JustynsMommy
    Options
    peanut butter and jelly sandwich. sounds weird but the other day gosh i was craving sweets like no other. i had a pb&j (strawberry) and it helped. everyone's different though.