Bread

Options
terar21
terar21 Posts: 523 Member
What kind of bread do you eat?

I've been bringing sandwiches to work to stop eating out, which has been awesome. But I probably need to now focus on getting a healthier bread option. So I'm curious as to what other people eat.

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    When I do eat bread I try to go with the brand with the most protein, usually 12 grain, or ezekiel bread
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I'm in the mood for and what goes best with what I'm having. PB & J is going on potato bread or white, reuben is going on rye, a hoagie well that goes on a good hoagie roll.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    My favorite bread is probably sourdough or jewish rye. It really depends on what I having though. Different breads go with different things...kinda like wine :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever. Fresh bakery bread when possible, otherwise whole grain packaged bread (for more fiber). Just have to watch the portions!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of breads. In the morning I'll have half a ciabatta roll with my breakfast. For sandwiches I like oatnut. I'll use the low cal flatouts/foldouts sometimes to make mini pizzas.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    This reminds me that I need to make bread. Gotta tweak my whole grain and flax recipe I think... :grumble:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I prefer rye bread, but I love all bread.
  • epona08
    epona08 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever I'm in the mood for that also happens to be the least expensive when I'm shopping.

Lately I've been buying the SaraLee 45 calorie/slice bread for sandwiches, it comes in several different varieties including a multi-grain option. It's not too high in sugar, has okay fiber, not too awful carbs and the low calorie option is great for me.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am digging whole wheat flat bread...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    This reminds me that I need to make bread. Gotta tweak my whole grain and flax recipe I think... :grumble:

Any time I try to make more than 50% whole grain bread it doesn't stay chewy enough. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    which ever is put in front of my bread loving face
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Milton's Healthy Whole Grain. 80 calories, 5 grams protein, and 4 grams fiber per slice. Tastes like it should be 150 calories it's so good. Best healthy bread I've found that tastes heavenly and has great texture as well.

http://www.miltonsbaking.com/product-detail/whole-grain
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Udi's or Rudy's Gluten Free (in the frozen section)
    my daughter can't eat wheat, so i don't keep it in the house.