Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Feeling hungry and weak every 2 hrs.

I recently began mega mens Performance ripped vitapak supplement from gnc that contained 4 cla 2 vitamins a water pill and fat burner pill.My body felt weird after taking it but was considered normal. I usually eat a small meal for breakfast and a protein shake for lunch.Thaen i workout and have soccer practice. On the 5th day, i took the red pill which you take 30 minutes before working out, I felt weak and light headed during my workout so I stopped.I drove home and I nearly almost passed out.i felt weak and lightheaded. The next days seemed like a nightmare. I wake up fine but as soon as im driving to work my body feels weak and hungry and I feel so lightheaded if I don't eat nothing. I force myself to eat something and I'll be fine for a little while but again my body feels weak without energy and I start feeling like passing out. I Immediately stopped taking those pills and figure by today 10-3-14 that they'll be out of my system. I've been to the ER twice and all my blood work is good, sugar is good.Urine, thyroid, iron. Before those pills I played soccer on Sundays and workout at least 4 times a week , now i can barely survive at work, and before those pills I didn't have to have to eat in the morning and can survive with lunch till dinner time. Now I wake up and immediately I feel weakness on my legs and feel dizzy so I take a protein shake because I really don't have an appetite in the mornings. After an hour I have to eat something or else I feel weak and my legs are bout to collapse and I'll feel lightheaded. And the process continues all day. At dinner I eat a lot and feel like nothing's wrong until a couple hours. Sometimes I have to drink a shake before bed so I don't wake up in the middle of the night feeling nervous and get an anxiety attack. I checked my blood sugar in the morning and it was normal. I know that last day I took the pill I felt like my body used all it could to keep me up . I'm just worried because I don't know how long it's gonna take to feel normal again. It's been 9 days and I seen some improvements but really really slow. I've also been gaining some weight back but it's still not keeping me energized.
I hope y'all can help me. It's been very scary with the panick attacks and the almost passing out moments.

Replies

• wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    I hope you've stopped taking the pills. It sounds like you had a very bad reaction to them. A lot of fat burning pills are caffeine or other stimulants that will speed you up (literally) which isn't healthy in the long run. After stopping them, hopefully you will see a decrease in the symptoms within a week or two dependent upon how lipophilic the pills were. If they are hydrophilic, they would be out of your system sooner after stopping them.

I hope you are drinking lots of water and still exercising. The only way to stop the side effects is to have it completely out of your system which could take a while. Give it a month of being off of them before truly worrying, but the symptoms should gradually decrease over that time. Good luck!
  • vincelaccro
    vincelaccro Posts: 22 Member
    STOP the pills!!!
    When it work on someones doesn't mean it works on everyone
    Also I suggest you reading the ingredients on your products and be
    careful on what you buy next.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I assume the ER told you to follow up with your doctor, so do that.

If you're embarrassed because you took pills without having any idea what you were putting into your body, don't sweat it. Doctors know people do that. So, go in and do your follow-up.

We can't diagnose or treat you.

In the future, don't take anything the doctor didn't tell you to take.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I recently began mega mens Performance ripped vitapak supplement from gnc that contained 4 cla 2 vitamins a water pill and fat burner pill.

Just stop with this **** already.

There are no shortcuts.

Ditch the useless supplements, and eat a proper - and properly sized - diet.
    I've been to the ER twice...

What, you didn't learn from the first visit?

STOP TAKING THIS GARBAGE.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    How many calories have you been eating?

And, yes, stop the pills.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    AH ... DUH.

Stop the stupid pill **** and eat real food. Your problem will go away.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    I'm going to go with Troll on this one
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Hello, first off, the OP has stopped taking the pills according to her post. I am reading is as it has been 9 days since taking the pills for the last time, and still feels this way. I would go see a doctor as follow up. It may not actually have anything to do with the pills and it could just be a conincidence that it started around the same time, and have nothing to do with the pills. They should be out of your system by now, so keep following up with your Doctor.