Rough Relationship Getting You Down...

Options
AB1418
AB1418 Posts: 174 Member
I am in the same boat and it is making being healthy and getting into shape tough. Add me as a friend if your in the same boat.

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Why bother staying in a bad relationship? Life's too short.
  • AB1418
    Options
    Good point but not that easy to get out of...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    What about if I got out of it but spent a whole year in stupid mourning about it and still don't date because I'm all bitter now?
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I take it out on running, beer potato chips and cake.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What about if I got out of it but spent a whole year in stupid mourning about it and still don't date because I'm all bitter now?

That is still allowing some to have control over you then. Forgive them. Forgive yourself. Move on and understand things can and will be better.

be thankful for the experience in life.
  • AB1418
    Options
    Thats the problem. I do take it out on beer and potatoe chips. haha.
  • AB1418
    Options
    :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm not in a bad relationship, but it is a difficult one. It's actually why I started exercising. When I feel stressed about it, I go straight to the gym. The first time I did it I came home and got drunk off of old-fashioneds while listening to early 90's R&B and dancing in my kitchen, but I don't need that anymore.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I was in an abusive one a year ago... I was actually fit, healthy and active before it and all the stress of it caused me to gain weight and stress eat. I slowly gained almost 30lbs in the course of a year and am working actively to get back to my pre-crazy ex weight. Add me for support :-)
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Remember one thing, You cannot change someone...You must change yourself in a positive manner and hope the other person with notice and follow suit.... Me and my wife are re-conciliating after she had an affair and it is the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life. Good luck
  • AB1418
    Options
    I agree. You can't change other people...
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm a divorce lawyer... I have all kinds of ways to deal with bad relationships...
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily in a bad relationship but a confusing one for two months now. I thought as you get older this would get easier....wrong. Can't be just say what they want and stop playing games...rant over
  • AB1418
    Options
    Ha....unfortunately it never gets easier it seems.
  • Amyafm
    Amyafm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been in abusive relationships, physical and emotional, and have worked for divorce attorneys too. There is no easy way out of these things, but once your out and go through the initial get back on track phase, you'll can't believe you ever stayed in the bad relationship for so long. Things only get worse. Life is too short to waste time with people who don't add to your life and only detract from your happiness.
  • AB1418
    Options
    Life is to short. Luckily i dont have to worry about physical abuse, but it is still not fun.
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Gone through it and still struggling.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    If you're unhappy, you need to put together a plan to get out. It is not impossible, you just need to have a plan. I was unhappy in a relationship, so I moved back in with my mom just so I could have a place to sleep and get out of the relationship. I wasn't married to the person, but I would have done the same thing if I had been, except adding in the extra step of finding a divorce lawyer.

I have a friend who is currently in a rough relationship (not physical abuse). Her and her boyfriend (of over 5 years) have a 6 month plan, goals they need to work towards that will hopefully make their relationship better, plus they're going to counseling. She is also putting a good chunk of her disposable income in savings every month to allow her to leave if the 6 month plan doesn't work. She doesn't want to leave, but she also doesn't want to end up bitter and resentful if she stays.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    After a certain point you just have to cut your losses and move on. I was in a bad relationship right before I met the man I married. Looking back, I can't believe I sank the time I did on that guy. Who was I trying to impress, dating a jerk? Life is too short to stay with someone who makes your life worse instead of better. I hit a point where I realized I'd rather be single and miserable than with him and miserable. At least then I would be the only one responsible for my misery.
  • AB1418
    Options
    It is so easy to say you would do the same thing if you are married, but married and having kids is very difficult to make that decision.