It's LOSE......

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    :laugh:
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    I am just adding that the word is "probably" NOT ....prolly. It makes me insane to see adults using this NON word! PROLLY? Seriously?

I completely agree! I could add so many others that bother me, but I am supposed to be working :grumble:
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    hahhaha. im glad SOMEONE said something :p
    otherwise the show would be biggest LOOSER right? lol

LMAO!!
  • Thanks for saying something! This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine as well!
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    I try not to be the spelling police, but it really irritates me as well. Another biggie that gets me red in the face is.....

There vs Their vs They're
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    I am just adding that the word is probably NOT ....prolly. It makes me insane to see adults using this NON word! PROLLY? seriously?

OH THANK GOD! I totally agree....Prolly gets on my last freakin' nerves!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    I'll be totally honest.... I will NOT read any forum or blog that begins with "loose" weight....
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Although I have been known to be guilty of a run-on sentence occasionally, and spell check is most certainly my friend, my friends still call me a grammar nazi. I tease my friends about their mistakes, but I refrain here because I don't want to unintentionally insult someone.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Although I have been known to be guilty of a run-on sentence occasionally, and spell check is most certainly my friend, my friends still call me a grammar nazi. I tease my friends about their mistakes, but I refrain here because I don't want to unintentionally insult someone.

No wonder we're friends RJ! Since I'm the one usually driving everyone nuts (*cough* Charlie *cough*) by correcting their spelling on their posts!
  • binary_jester

No wonder we're friends RJ! Since I'm the one usually driving everyone nuts (*cough* Charlie *cough*) by correcting their spelling on their posts!
    Sadly my proofreading skills have slipped noticeably as of late. Many days I am sloppy in my quick posts. My journalism professors are so ashamed.
  • PoshTaush
    Oh heck, that's why I made it a "general" comment. It's not directed at anyone in particular. I make mistakes as well and have also made fun of myself in this post. It's all just a wink and a poke. I don't truly want to hurl when I see it. I was just making the statement for those who may truly not have known and would like to know. I would be one of those people. If I'm continuously making a silly mistake in spelling, I would like to know as not to be judged by those who truly do get all in a tizzy about it!

Having said this, I wasn't trying to insult, offend, or upset, I was merely trying to help and make others laugh it off. All good intentions here!

Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves, and if we take a message board topic so serious as to get angry over spelling, maybe we need to re-evaluate our priorities. ( see, I don't even know if I spelled re-evaluate correctly!)

Mostly, I think on places like this, unless trying to make a highly educated point, people tend to type the way they would talk to a friend. I"m guilty of that.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    One of my favorite things is when someone doesn't like something I write and they respond with: "Your dumb"
    I can't help but laugh every time.
  • binary_jester
    Oh heck, that's why I made it a "general" comment. It's not directed at anyone in particular. I make mistakes as well and have also made fun of myself in this post. It's all just a wink and a poke. I don't truly want to hurl when I see it. I was just making the statement for those who may truly not have known and would like to know. I would be one of those people. If I'm continuously making a silly mistake in spelling, I would like to know as not to be judged by those who truly do get all in a tizzy about it!

Having said this, I wasn't trying to insult, offend, or upset, I was merely trying to help and make others laugh it off. All good intentions here!

Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves, and if we take a message board topic so serious as to get angry over spelling, maybe we need to re-evaluate our priorities. ( see, I don't even know if I spelled re-evaluate correctly!)

Mostly, I think on places like this, unless trying to make a highly educated point, people tend to type the way they would talk to a friend. I"m guilty of that.
    I knew I had gone over to the dark side when I could type "LOL" without internally cringing.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    The mix-up of "you're" and "your" drives me crazy big-time.
  • Praise Jesus!
    I also make grammatical errors but "lose" vs "loose" drives me absolutely insane!

My other peeve: seperate; it's correctly spelled: separate. <-- we use the word at work a lot and 90% of the time, it's spelled wrong! :huh:
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    This is the best thread i've read all day.

L
    O
    S
    E

that.is.all.
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    One of my favorite things is when someone doesn't like something I write and they respond with: "Your dumb"

Irony at it's finest.
  • PoshTaush

I'm literally "Laughing out LOUD!!" hahaha.... That's awesome!! It really does come around to bite us in the *kitten*!
  • PoshTaush
    [/quote]I knew I had gone over to the dark side when I could type "LOL" without internally cringing.
    [/quote]

Oh you evil naughty thing you!! I can see your professor striking the back of your hands with a yard stick! :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :noway:
  • PoshTaush
    This is the best thread i've read all day.

L
    O
    S
    E

that.is.all.

Why thank you my dear!! ***PoshTaush takes bow, waves to crowd.... blows kisses!! *** They love me!!! They really love me!

hhahaha!!
This discussion has been closed.