ALCOHOL

Options
2»

Replies

• MiirandaC
    MiirandaC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I don't drink muh of anything other than gin and juice. I'll have to give some of these lower calorie options a try.

And according to MFL my intake is 1400. But I've been trying to keep it more around 1200
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Jack Daniels but he's more calories than this guy. 1 oz. jim beam + crystal light pink lemonade = 75 cal.
    1 shot jim beam + crystal light pink lemonade = 105 cal.
  • yolohunter
    yolohunter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually go with vodka diet, vodka soda with a splash of cran or mio, or flavored vodka with soda. Delish!

I work it into my calories and try to make sure that on days I'm going out I do an awesome work out too. And I agree about lowering the intake- I seem to get tipsy much faster on much less! I try to fit a lot of water into the rotation too!

Keeping the alcohol within my calorie goal isn't the hard part...making sure I don't eat more food once I've lowered my inhibitions is the challenging part! It's so easy to overeat after or while drinking, so that's the hard part for me. I want to eat greasy pizza or nachos either when I get home from going out or if heaven forbid I'm hungover the next day! I've had to really push myself to not do that and get back on track asap and just drink a bunch of water when I get home!

Also, I recently took 6 weeks off drinking- I still went to parties and went out, but just didn't drink. It was actually just as fun and I did get some flack from friends, but they got over it quickly. It was refreshing and I think I will do that more often now!

Oh yea and I haven't noticed a change in my weight after a night of drinking- as long as I stay within my calories, drink water and don't overeat I maintain or lose. If I binge on pizza then I definitely notice an increase lol!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I decided to just quit drinking.
    Too many guys in my family were alcoholics, and they all died before their time very sick.
    I don't make a huge issue of it, but my calorie intake is much easier to manage without the booze. I allow myself a cheat day where anything goes; however, I noticed that I always felt bad for 3 days after heavy amounts of booze. It's just no longer worth it.
    Good Luck to you!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Get Drunk Not Fat: http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • MiirandaC
    MiirandaC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ^^ too late for that! haha

Malibu and diet 7up sounds like a good option. Screw it.
    My birthday is in two weeks, gift to myself will be no alcohol to make up for this debacle! ????
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is nutrient free, so it's not "unhealthy" however calorie from alcohol disrupts energy usage. Since it can't be stored, it has to be metabolized by the body and is the FIRST source of energy until it's used up out of the body. That means no carbs or fat are being used for energy. Even worse is if it's in your system at night before bed, NO FAT BURNING is happening till it's metabolized out of the body.
    It's up to you. I gave up my "party pride" at 28 years because I was more concerned about competing at the time. Haven't looked back since.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • yolohunter
    yolohunter Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Moscow Mule: Shot of vodka, diet Ginger Ale, fresh lime juice, all on the rocks

Oooo my favorite drink is the moscow mule...and I quit drinking it because of the cals...don't know why I didn't think of just using diet ginger ale...thanks!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Why not order one mixed drink and nurse it through most of the night? Have water along with it, and drink mostly the water (or, go for a diet soda or two in there as well, just not mixed with alcohol).

If "friends" give you grief about not getting drunk, tell them you are feeling a bit ill and don't want to make it worse, or that you have something going on the next day and want to make sure you have a clear head, or some other excuse. Honestly, real friends shouldn't bother you about it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    can you get half measures there?

You can get them here and that reduces calorie (and alcohol, of course) content of each drink.

A half measure Southern Comfort is only 35 calories - mix it with diet coke so no added calories there.

You could drink 10 of them (not that I am recomending that) and only add 350 calories.No big deal as a one off - from a calorie content point of view.

Im sure other spirits are around the same amount, I just know that one because its what I drink.

Dry white wine diluted with soda water woudl be quite low too.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i drink once a month or so. soon as i pop the cork out of that bottle i say screw it all. and do what i want.

and i think having an i do what i want day every once in a while is awesome. and fun. and if it was for a good reason and with friends, all the better.