Log This?

Options
klkarlen
klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
a monster 8,000-calorie breakfast?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/feeling-up-to-a-monster-8000calorie-breakfast/28387208

"Nobody has managed to finish the 8,000-calorie 'Hibernator Challenge' offered at the Bear Grills cafe in Congelton, England.

With eight sausages, eight slices of bacon, four hash browns, four fried eggs, a four-egg cheese omelet, four waffles, four black puddings, beans, tomatoes, mushroom, fries, four pieces of plain toast, four pieces of buttered, fried bread and finally a 32-ounce strawberry milkshake topped off with a giant dollop of whipped cream, this meal is...hearty.

There is a cash prize offered for anyone who finishes the oversized breakfast, which so far, is nobody.

Any challengers must sign a waiver form before delving into the greasy breakfast, in the event that they become sick while attempting to finish it."

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    hmmm, I guess it is a free country and people can choose to eat (or try to eat) whatever they want - but this does seem rather iresponsible and stupid to me.

Like all those other eating contests I read about.

In Australia I think places wouldn't do this - public backlash would make it counter productive from a business point of view.