Sriracha - instantly addictive?

Options
I just had sriracha hot sauce for the first time in my life and, well, I want more. Have I just awakened a sleeping giant?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You have, and I pity you that you have not had it sooner.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    I knew it. It's legal crack, it is.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup. Sorry. You're now a lost cause, along with the rest of us.
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Siracha *swoon* I use it on virtually everything! My favorite is making party wings with it, season them and brush some siracha on them and let them bake for about twenty minutes turn them and add more siracha and bake for another twenty and you have little pieces of heaven. *drool*
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Siracha *swoon* I use it on virtually everything! My favorite is making party wings with it, season them and brush some siracha on them and let them bake for about twenty minutes turn them and add more siracha and bake for another twenty and you have little pieces of heaven. *drool*
    Yum! I'll have to try that sometime!
  • lizardking22
    lizardking22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It has one gram of sugar per 5 grams serving. I believe thats 24 grams of sugar per bottle.
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sriracha and cheese toasties; you'll never enjoy a toastie without it again!
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've got a turkey meatloaf recipe starring Sriracha. Yum.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I have been known to use copious amounts of Sriracha on many things.....
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I put sriracha on everything because sriracha is the only thing I can taste after I ruined my tastebuds with sriracha.

It's a downward spiral, my friend.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    It has one gram of sugar per 5 grams serving. I believe thats 24 grams of sugar per bottle.

More like 96 servings per bottle.
    And that's if you actually use a teaspoon, which no one does because Sriracha is amazing. If you don't have any issues with sugar (like diabetes), there's no reason to worry about sugar militantly. 5g of sugar in your pho or on your sandwich through a bunch of Sriracha isn't going to derail you.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    my son LOVES it. when he lived out of town, i used to mail it to him because it wasn't available where he lived! i usually buy 5 or 6 bottles at a time! :smile:
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    my son LOVES it. when he lived out of town, i used to mail it to him because it wasn't available where he lived! i usually buy 5 or 6 bottles at a time! :smile:

I think you forgot a 0 after those numbers...:flowerforyou:
  • plwp
    plwp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Potentially - hot stuff is good for metabolism, but watch the salt. Unless your an ultra cardio fanatic, excess salt can cause you to bloat.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to hot, red stuff. Tabasco, korean chilli flakes, sriracha. I love that slightly burning sensation. Gives me endorphins;)
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot or Cholula. Everything else is garbage. :noway:
  • lizardking22
    Options
    hidden sugar is a big deal for me so yea its a deal deal breaker.
  • lizardking22
    Options
  • lizardking22
    Options
    More like 96 servings per bottle.
    And that's if you actually use a teaspoon, which no one does because Sriracha is amazing. If you don't have any issues with sugar (like diabetes), there's no reason to worry about sugar militantly. 5g of sugar in your pho or on your sandwich through a bunch of Sriracha isn't going to derail you.
    [/quote]
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Love it with broccoli! And rice and chicken!