I don't want to lose anymore weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Eat at a mild surplus and focus on resistance training. This will promote muscle growth. If you start gaining a little too much, then you can back down a bit. Surplus should come from good complete protein sources and carbs for energy. Good fats will help as well. Avoid an undue amount of sugary snacks and such. I applaud the fact that you are looking to be lean and not skinny. brava.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    After dropping 2 pounds in a week have changed mine from from active to very active now gives me 2010 without excersize :noway: hmm seems like alot but if anything can retrieve those 2 pounds.. Always eat big on a Monday nan cooks lunch and we usually have cake afterwards :tongue: which is good I do attack and pump in the gym tonight so I need calories to burn!! :bigsmile:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Eat more bread, ice cream and potato chips. That oughta increase appetite and put on weight.
    Wow, that sounds so helpful......NOT
    That's exactly what I thought!! :tongue: nope I think I thought what a tosser!! Lol
    Thanks everyone for your support and advice. I especially want to thank the person who sent that cruel reply as in bread and icecream and so on. Pretty rude, if your so perfect where are your pics? Don't talk to me in that way until u have walked 1day in my shoes, then maybe it would of interested me. Maybe

Well there is a point to that post. There is nothing wrong with eating bread, ice cream and potato chips...

Esp if you are at "maitenance" and still losing weight and don't want to.

It can become a struggle to get calories in sometimes esp when your maitenance is high (I found that out this summer) when I was eating at what I though was maitenance and still losing and I tried to eat my TDEE....it can be difficult without high calorie foods such as ice cream etc.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You have two choices, simple as. Cut back your exercise or eat to fuel such an exercise load. This site works around the idea of eating your exercise calories back, even in weight loss mode, so how you expect to maintain not eating them back, given you are quite young too, I do not know. Add more calorie dense foods like nuts, cheese, avocado, nut butters, full fat dairy, and maybe take a step back from the weight loss mentality you still seem to be in. As long as you are this active and eating sensibly, there is no reason to worry you will gain weight back if you relax a little, imo.

^This.
    It's true that I need to get out of the "weight loss" mentality that I am in. It's almost like I have a fear of food and a dear of eating more. Almost like if I eat more than the number says then suddenly all my weight will appear back.
    I have looked at TDEE and think I may set my calories at that. I also think I need to take a step back from MFP and try intuitive eating and stop the obsessive tracking cycle...

I think you can loosen up your tracking a little bit, but I wouldn't pull away from mfp completely--I know from experience that going from obsessively tracking to no tracking can lead to wait gain and then the cycle will begin again.
  • linzi1985uk
    linzi1985uk Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm upping my amount to 1800 cals and on exercise days I will try to eat back calories.
    BUT
    Using my heart rate monitor my Monday night classes typically burn 600 calories, surely eating all these back wouldn't be a good idea? As that would be 2400 cals for the day?
    I have a complete fear of eating more.

So much helpful advice though. Thank you
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm upping my amount to 1800 cals and on exercise days I will try to eat back calories.
    BUT
    Using my heart rate monitor my Monday night classes typically burn 600 calories, surely eating all these back wouldn't be a good idea? As that would be 2400 cals for the day?

You really need to get over your fear. Especially if you plan on building muscle in the future. How tall are you? I'm 5'8 and my maintenance is 2200 and that's with only lifting 3 times a week. If I did cardio it would be higher.

Food is your friend.

P.S. I see nothing wrong with adding potato chips or ice cream to your diet. :flowerforyou:
  • linzi1985uk
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2" and weigh 120lbs

I feel bad everytime I eat.
    Really not good :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

i would find a professional to speak to about this if i was you.
  • __freckles__
    Options

i would find a professional to speak to about this if i was you.

Agree. Sounds like you have an eating disorder. Please seek professional help ASAP.
  • linzi1985uk
    Options
    Sorry should have said everytime I eat and it goes over my calories as just so used to numbers! I don't have an eating disorder I eat plenty every day. Regular meals always. I eat more than people around me.
  • __freckles__
    Options
    Sorry should have said everytime I eat and it goes over my calories as just so used to numbers! I don't have an eating disorder I eat plenty every day. Regular meals always. I eat more than people around me.

OK. Then just work on increasing your numbers by 100 each week. Baby steps. And if you ever decide to bulk, your goal will be to go in the red everyday. So start to get used to it. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • wolfie640
    wolfie640 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you want to be/look 'strong not skinny'....lose some of the cardio , add some heavy lifting and eat more.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    watch this video one of my MFP friends posted. I have the same goals, and this answers a lot of questions!
    http://youtu.be/DcgwkZ-iq40
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BUT

I actually think 2400 calories sounds low for the amount of exercise you're doing and your age. Keep in mind that your calorie goal is just that--a goal, a target to hit. Not an upper limit that you're trying to undershoot. If the red numbers make you feel bad, set your goal higher (as someone else suggested).

And failing to eat isn't the only indication of an eating disorder. I would third the idea of talking to a therapist. Having a "complete fear" of eating 2400 calories sounds like the beginning of a problem.
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    BUT

I actually think 2400 calories sounds low for the amount of exercise you're doing and your age. Keep in mind that your calorie goal is just that--a goal, a target to hit. Not an upper limit that you're trying to undershoot. If the red numbers make you feel bad, set your goal higher (as someone else suggested).

And failing to eat isn't the only indication of an eating disorder. I would third the idea of talking to a therapist. Having a "complete fear" of eating 2400 calories sounds like the beginning of a problem.

I second that, I too struggle with eating enough, and right now during weight loss I have my goal set much closer to TDEE than I do BMR as I know I'm never going to eat back my exercise calories, so I shoot for a higher goal to get me closer to the end result I actually want...a lil crazy I know but hey so am I ;-) If strategies like that don't help (think 80/20 rule you don't have to be perfect every day) then maybe a little extra help might be needed to get you eating at the level you need to maintain your weight. In your favor it's great you don't want to keep getting skinnier, and you recognize that less is not more! Great work, you'll get this figured out!
  • Chrisjonesdevil22
    Chrisjonesdevil22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am now maintaining my weight and sometimes it can be difficult.

I have to just make sure i keep eating my exercise calories back and making sure i stay in the green.

At least now if i am under my calorie goal for a day i know a red day will just level the average.

Good Luck
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    As a therapist, I would still suggest talking to someone. Eating above what you perceive as maintenance should not make you freak out. That's unhealthy. And yes, figure out your TDEE (and be real about it - many women under-estimate the amount of working out that they do plus don't include their daily activity level) and eat to that daily.
  • stevehawkins99
    stevehawkins99 Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    why not add some protein shakes post workout? at a ratio of 60% carbs to 40% protein?

sounds like your burning too many calories on your workouts. The shakes would replenish the stores for you and the protein lean you up..

• myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Adpalangi wrote: »
    Eat more bread, ice cream and potato chips. That oughta increase appetite and put on weight.
    Wow, that sounds so helpful......NOT

I don't see your reply as helpful, either. What is your contribution there?

The original poster said she's still losing weight, but she's trying to maintain.

Increasing carbs and sugars tends to increase appetite, and people with increased proportion of carbs tend to eat more daily calories as a result.

I'll admit I'm surprised by the nasty replies, but you guys make me laugh. "Eating more" is the right thing to do. It's also easy.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    as bad as this sounds sometimes you need to go too skinny for your body to regulate itself back

This is not true.

Op, I had the same problem when I first started maintaining. I slowly increased my calories until the scale showed normal fluctuations. Just make sure you eat your exercise calories back too.

A doctor visit might be good, too, just to make sure you are okay.