for us old people, its never too late, great news from Lloyd

Options
lloydrt
lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
Great news, finally........Ive been dreading getting my results from my physical I had taken on Dec 21, 2010, 3 weeks ago

I just finished going over all the information from my Doctors office that they sent to me, that I just opened 20 minutes ago.........

. Wow, what a great Christmas present. All my numbers have decreased SIGNIFICANTLY, and I mean by leaps and bounds..

Fasting Blood Sugar is 90, normal is 70 - 100
Cholesterol is 149 normal is less than 175
Triglicerides are 59.......... AWESOME, It was 110 last year ,almost pre diabetic
HDL (GOOD CHOLESTOROL) 49.......anything over 40 is great
LDL (bad cholesterol) IS 68................Normal is less than 70
CHOL/HDL is 3.0, Normal range should be (1-4 )
Hemoglobin Alc is 5.2 %....... ..Normal is less than 5.7, increased risk is 5.7 - 6.4, and DIABETIC IS > or = 6.5

I was so scared last year, my numbers were horrible. Really, they were bad, and now this......I just got this in my mail box 20 minutes ago, and Im sitting here in shock, almost crying, lol.............really, Im 55 and Ive got the readings of a 30 year old. I kid you not,

Im so happy, Im shaking ...........

and more good news this month

my exercise asthma symptoms are gone, Im being taken off of my Ashtmax inhaler

and...........DRUM ROLL..........

Ive got 10 more high blood pressure pills, of which I cut in half, and then when I finish those, ITS OVER...........

no more pills.........and Im going to be rich, 30 bucks a month extra.......Im completely off all drugs in 2 weeks, and IM IN PERFECT HEALTH

for all the people who dont think you can do it, you can. I couldnt even last 10 minutes on a tread mill this time last year, and this morning , I did 40 minutes of weight strenght training, 60 minutes on an eliptical, 60 minutes on the tread mill, and 30 mins on the stationary bike., and I felt great when I left and NO WHEEZING,..........

just keep staying focused, and dont let anyone ever ever tell you that you cant. We can do it, you guys all supported me and I do appreciate it so much.........thank you, my family thanks you and I do , for all the encouragement.............Lloyd

Replies

• skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    2 words... WELL DONE!!!!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Healthy news are the best. Keep up the good work and thank you for posting this information. I am sure that lots of people will be very inspired by it.
    Happy New Year!

By the way, 55 is not old. In my eyes you are still a teen...
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! (From a 28 year old spring chicken :wink:) I know you're super super excited, and we're all so proud of you!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    .......and...........DRUM ROLL..........

Ive got 10 more high blood pressure pills, of which I cut in half, and then when I finish those, ITS OVER...........

no more pills.........and Im going to be rich, 30 bucks a month extra.......Im completely off all drugs in 2 weeks, and IM IN PERFECT HEALTH

You're actually far richer than that, you are now rich in your health!

WTG on your results, great news! :flowerforyou:
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! Keep up the good work! :)
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I am SOOOO thrilled for you! I'm hoping that in a year and a half I'll have the same news to report!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring! Seriously, what an accomplishment and what a gift you have given your family! This post gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. It goes without saying that you have added who knows how many active years to your life!
    Congratulations!!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Well then, I'm choosing to believe there is hope for me too!

Thx,
    -AB
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant news! It's amazing how taking control of our lives really does change our lives!
  • Dreadz_Veggies_4Life
    Options
    Lloyd,

It is a honor for me to be your friend on MFP! You really are an inspiration and I thank you for all of your encouragment and you so deserve these triumphants! Celebrate until your heart is content! I hope this time next year I will be able to have the same celebration! You rock ...plain and simple!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    You have every right to be laughing, crying, shaking, and every other possible emotion!! Just make sure PRIDE is part of the mix also!!! You are an inspiration to so many of us!!! Yayyyyyyyy to you!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Congratulations on taking care of you!

Karen
  • jantawa
    jantawa Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It is true Lloyd...when you have your health you have everything. I am so glad to hear your good news!!
  • bsshaw1
    bsshaw1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well done Lloyd! Great numbers!
  • anniebr
    anniebr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    W.O.W.

That is fantastic. Congratulations! I'm sure it feels amazing to see your hard work pay off in such an incredible way.

Here's to your continued good health!
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    One of the best success stories I've read!! So happy for you! Great job!!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Thrilled to hear your news, very well done & enjoy your new lease of life to the full. Congratulations.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and really inspiring! Your newfound health will mean so much in your life (and your family's lives). Thanks for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!