Yoga

aaddaammggoolleeaaffss
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone look forward to Yoga? I have to do 1.5 hours of P90X Yoga tonight but unlike the other workouts I can't really say I am looking forward to it

Replies

• nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    I heard from several people it is hard...sorry! I doing my 1st P90X tonight....just got the dvd's
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Yoga is difficult, but it feels great when you finish it. It's a different type of workout, but I've come to enjoy it. I've decided to start doing it weekly as part of a structured exercise routine - it's for my day dedicated to strength and stretching exercises. I look forward to seeing my abilities increase (hopefully some of the positions/moves will get easier) the more I do it. I use an at-home weight-loss yoga workout.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    I'm not doing P90X, but as a REALLY inflexible girl, I've realized that yoga is pretty amazing, and I quite love it, but it's an acquired taste :smile:
  • kek1981
    kek1981 Posts: 1 Member
    It's actually the only workout I actually look forward to. It's difficult at first, the positions feel a bit awkward and you have to be very mindful of your breathing, but if you stick with it for even a few times a week you begin to feel amazing during and after your session. And your strength and flexibility increase quite quickly. The mind/body connection is very powerful, much more so than just running on a treadmill or lifting weights. Plus you can do it every day without over-exerting yourself. So for me, it's a fantastic part of my day.
  • Well first time here I go, wish me luck lol
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    I just started yoga today. I only do 30 mins of it but I love that it's going to improve my flexibility and hopefully keep me stretched like gumby. I enjoyed it.
  • Wooo I did it :D I almost stopped 20 mins in but I stuck with it and managed to finish it and it felt gooooooooood. Some of the poses I couldn't do but I still kept trying to do them even though I would wobble like crazy (mainly the one where you stand on one leg, lean forward with one leg back)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Wooo I did it :D I almost stopped 20 mins in but I stuck with it and managed to finish it and it felt gooooooooood. Some of the poses I couldn't do but I still kept trying to do them even though I would wobble like crazy (mainly the one where you stand on one leg, lean forward with one leg back)

Congrats! Keep it up and before long you'll find your balance, flexibility and strength to do the moves/poses has improved!
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    I do Yoga once a week at the gym. I've been going for about 6 months now and still find the first 30 minutes to be difficult. My instructor is awesome and really gets going right away. When I first started Yoga, some of the poses and balances were really difficult. I almost gave up, but decided to keep to it. Every week, I find that I'm able to stretch a little more and hold a balance a little longer. I really enjoy it and feel really good afterwards.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    i love yoga. i usually do mine in the morning it's a great start to the day!
  • I did 1.5 hours of hot yoga yesterday and 1 hour tonight and i feel amazing. I might just like it because i am already naturally flexible but im sure with practice you'll start enjoying it. I find it peaceful and refreshing, but that's me.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    ITS TOUGH! And I am talking your run-of-the-mill every day Yoga. I do the Yoga on my Wii Fit and its tough as it is.
This discussion has been closed.