recipes

Options
When you prepare a recipe do you calculate all of the ingredients? Tonight I made a black bean/corn salad and just used Whole Foods calorie count because I'm low on time. I'm actually sure that mine has less calories but am in a pinch. Configuring a recipe can be so time consuming!

Replies

• Happytobealive
    Options
    At least you did the best you could considering the situation. When you have time, you should create a new recipe for this food item so the next time you can click and go. Yes you do have to calculate all items, but in a recipe it's so easy to do and you only have to do it once. Good luck
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    When you prepare a recipe do you calculate all of the ingredients? Tonight I made a black bean/corn salad and just used Whole Foods calorie count because I'm low on time. I'm actually sure that mine has less calories but am in a pinch. Configuring a recipe can be so time consuming!

i totally agree. I like it because they have it but once I started using for the foods I made it was very time consuming finding/looking for the ingredients. Maybe I'll start writing out wut i'm going to do and use and then enter it..I dunno but I'll try.
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    How do you figure out the serving size for the recipe? Is that something I determine? Thanks so much for your help. :smile:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    How do you figure out the serving size for the recipe? Is that something I determine? Thanks so much for your help. :smile:

You set the serving size. For soups and stews, I start with 1 Cup servings (so divvy out for us, then scoop leftovers to determine how many cups a recipe made if necessary). For sides, I start at 1/2 C.