Coffee and tea ????

Options
Add713
Add713 Posts: 53 Member
Do you agree (glasses of water a day).........Quote WebMD "Coffee and tea also count in your tally. Many used to believe that they were dehydrating, but that myth has been debunked. The diuretic effect does not offset hydration." http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/healthy-beverages

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    100% agree. They don't have nearly the diuretic effect most people think.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    There's no real reason to disagree, barring exceptional circumstances or exceptionally shady sources to the contrary.
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It's pretty much generally agreed that the diuretic/dehydrating effect of caffeine has been overstated and that, barring medical concerns, coffee and tea count toward getting sufficient water. It's just that you also have to consider calories, especially if you're adding milk and sweeteners.

Also moisture in your food and other drink also count toward the "drink X amount of water per day," it's just that it's hard to quantify how much is in them.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this silly notion is finally leaving myfitnesspal. I wish they would focus on hydration instead of "8 glasses of water per day" which has little scientific backing.
    Plus, stop drinking water out of plastic bottles. There's a tap right there for most of us. Use a filtration system if you want to get rid of the chloramines etc. The bottled water has been shown to have as many or more toxic substances as what comes out of your tap generally...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    I'm glad this silly notion is finally leaving myfitnesspal. I wish they would focus on hydration instead of "8 glasses of water per day" which has little scientific backing.
    Plus, stop drinking water out of plastic bottles. There's a tap right there for most of us. Use a filtration system if you want to get rid of the chloramines etc. The bottled water has been shown to have as many or more toxic substances as what comes out of your tap generally...

Nevermind, where the bottles end up when you're done with them... :explode:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Nevermind, where the bottles end up when you're done with them... :explode:
    Well, that's my point. The great Pacific gyre anyone?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=The+great+Pacific+gyre&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Ml8wVKmmOMmmyATcrYL4BQ&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=653
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    there's on in every ocean gyre, the northern pacific is just the biggest.
  • wrkowt70
    wrkowt70 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yeah why not