lost almost 36% of my bodyweight - i had no idea!

Options
itsbasschick
itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
someone on a thread today mentioned they had lost 25% of their bodyweight. that seemed impressive, so i did some math and discovered that i have lost 35.9504132231405% of my starting bodyweight - obviously i'm rounding that to "almost 36%" since that's a looong number, but wow - i really had no idea i had lost that much, percentage-wise. it's really sort of impressive to me.

btw, i lost about half of that (the first half) doing food substitutions. i swapped eating full fat irish cheddar for the light version, which is really tasty, changed to dryer's slow churned ice cream (i eat sugar free either way), which has half the fat, switched to egg beaters for my scrambles, but didn't change amounts or eating frequency. i felt better as i lost some fat, was possibly a little more active - but possibly not. then i started calorie counting the first of may this year, learned ways of eating that work for me including smaller meals more frequently, and voila! i've lost more than a third of me *LOL*

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • bimmerjt9
    Options
    Wow, you must feel so much different. When I hit my goal I'll have lost 25%, I'm halfway there and even at 13% I have so much more energy and have seen so many changes in my body.
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I hadn't figured out mine that way either and I've lost almost 42%! I'm glad you mentioned this! And Congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!