Avocado Dilemma

Options
I just LOVE avocados, and I constantly hear about how good they are for you in so many ways... including the healthy fats they contain. However, I can't help feeling guilty eating them when my fat grams are being tracked, as 1/2 an avocado in my salad adds a whopping 15 g of fat!!! I would love to incorporate avocados into my diet everyday, as I have so many wonderful recipes to use them in, but the grams sure do add up! Anyone else sympathize with me?

Replies

• loaia
    loaia Posts: 3
    Options
    I love Avocado too. And, when you add Omega 3 oil it adds a lot of calories too but also, good for you.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    They are so good for you! Half an avocado daily is nothing to feel guilty about! Although, they are sinfully good! :tongue:
    Fat doesn't make you fat!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I love them too.
    But - I only eat them on rare occasions due to the high fat and calories.
    Good to spluge on them from time to time, but not every day like I use to.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    put them in a sandwich instead of mayonnaise!slice half an avocado with canned in water light tuna on a green salad with a tablespoon of salad dressing (1/2 tbsp of oil only). put it in a wrap with 4 oz of salmon and some mixed greens. Make a low fat shake with 1 banana, skim milk and 1/4 of an avocado. There are so many ways to use avocado!