Hi - New here!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site. I have joined other sites in the past. I have tried to go back and use them as inspiration again, but just can't seem to stick with it. They were really only forums, so I'm excited about this site. I was "googling" calorie tracking journals and found MFP. It looks really good and am hoping it will make me track all my food and exercise on a regular basis.

I understand the concept of losing weight. Theory it's straight forward - calories in vs calories out. My problem it that I can't be bothered to track down all the calories I am consuming and I'm not active enough right now in order to warrant figuring out the calories burned. I'm hoping that this site will help me to start to keep track and be more aware of what I'm consuming. As well as, becoming more active again.

I need to shift my focus back to me a little and it starts now........

Here's to a Happy New Year and a Happy New Me!

Replies

• mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello there!! Welcome aboard!! Good luck on your new journey...we are here for support!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here! I do! :flowerforyou:
  • smb1023
    Options
    Hi...I'm new here too...day 2! I absolutely LOVE this site...it's easy to search the foods and track your calories...It's become a challenge to have a few calories left at the end of the day. I'm not starving or miserable...I feel like I am in control with the organization and accountability this site offers. Good luck to you!
  • AJs_mom
    AJs_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank-you!:smile:
  • melissarforlife
    melissarforlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome! this is a great site! I have been on other sites too, but this one is really easy to connect with. And keeping track of food and workouts is great, and easy! Its up to you, but this site really is wonderful! So far, so good for me...God bless and YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I know where you are coming from i have been to other sites that count calories, but they dont have the support you need to get through those tough days. I hope you enjoy getting to learn this site. we are here for you
  • AJs_mom
    Options
    thank-you
    thank-you
    thank-you!
  • CisMomma
    CisMomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Thanks for introducing me to this site. I look forward to being a part of the journey...
  • AJs_mom
    Options
    Thanks for coming! Love the support - xo