p90x

Options
124»

Replies

• Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Just got our P90X! My husband and I are going to start on Monday. I am so excited about us doing this together! Keeping each other focused on the goal and motivated!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Just got our P90X! My husband and I are going to start on Monday. I am so excited about us doing this together! Keeping each other focused on the goal and motivated!

Welcome to the journey.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Good luck, if you need help we are here! My wife is starting P90X Lean today!
  • JCraigHood
    Options
    I'm new to MyFitnessPal, but I've been working the BeachBody workouts for 9 months. I lost 16 pounds on Power 90 and another 8 on 10 Minute Trainer (30 minute sessions). My weight was steady during P90X Classic as I lost fat and gained muscle. I am now in week 2 of Insanity and will go back to P90X when I'm finished. I have another 10-15 pounds of belly fat to lose so I can show off my hidden abs.

Is there a way to link the beach body workouts to the exercise database here or do I have to enter each exercise everyday?
  • edorice
    Options

Is there a way to link the beach body workouts to the exercise database here or do I have to enter each exercise everyday?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/147368-p90x-calorie-burn?hl=p90x+calorie+burn#posts-2000290
  • mrogers8996
    Options
    i just recieved my p90x just now in the mail. I opened the package and it has all my guides in the box but I am confused on how to read the recipe guide. it has a phase 1-3 .it also calls for swordfish but that stuff is so expensive and i live on a fixed budget are there any sub. i can use instead of swordfish. I just dont know where to start. then it is a matter of going to the grocery store to pick up the items needed. someone help. I really want to succeed.
  • mekilfoyle2
    Options
    I am on my second round of p90x. It has literally changed my life. I have so much self confidence. I have lost 35 lbs and am still losing. I have never had very good self esteem That has changed and thanks to p90x I have never felt so amazing. Go for it. If you take the whole program in stride you will have nothing but success..... With the nutrition guide.... you have to phase out the "bad" stuff in your cupboards and the fridge. and yes you have to go shopping and start right with the correct nutrition. i took the book with me to the grocery store so I wouldnt forget the rules.:happy:
  • edorice
    Options
    i just recieved my p90x just now in the mail. I opened the package and it has all my guides in the box but I am confused on how to read the recipe guide. it has a phase 1-3 .it also calls for swordfish but that stuff is so expensive and i live on a fixed budget are there any sub. i can use instead of swordfish. I just dont know where to start. then it is a matter of going to the grocery store to pick up the items needed. someone help. I really want to succeed.

just go with lean meat choices and tuna. I've never had Swordfish in my life and I'm on round 3 of P90X.
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jane :) I've been to the gym; several years ago-I think I've retained some of the info, but I am always learning-I hope I'm doing it properly so that I get the proper affect, and don't cause injury. Mainly though, I'm taking it slow and doing what I can.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

We just started and are using the nutrition guide, but aren't using their meal plan. We made your own menu within the suggested guidelines. We have been using turkey, chicken, tuna, tilapia. It's working out great so far! Good luck!!
  • mrogers8996
    Options
    thank you so much for everyones reply. I hope I get some wonderful results. I am 5'3 and I weigh 188 and it is terrible.
  • mrogers8996
    Options
    have anyone that recently just started lost any weight??
  • Presence2001
    Options
    a great program. have started it twice. first time 60 % completed

then the second time about 90% completion

learned from experience.
    DO NOT GO TO HARD TO START> PACE YOURSELF!!!!!

trust the process, otherwise you might 'hurt' yourself by over training and then psychologically you may have a hard to time to keep your commitment.....and it is simply wonderful.

congratulations and you will not be disapointed at the results

R
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2. Just finished shoulders and arm. I love this program! It's challenging but extremely fun. I went out and bought a bunch of food suggested in the guide book. But my main goal is weight lose. So I am not following exactly like they suggest. I have my calorie count around 1500-2000. Once I get down to around 215 I can worry starting to tone my body.

As far as illegal downloads. I understand being broke. I lived in the Florida panhandle when the oil split. Our economy went down the toilet! I even had to move back home to Pa! But I found a great deal on QVC where I only pay like $30 a month. It's awesome you are getting off the sofa and doing this program. But maybe once you get back on your feet money wise, then pick up. Give it to a friend as a gift or keep it yourself. Great programs like these wouldn't be around if people didn't buy or support the company who produces them.
  • morganza1127x
    Options
    Hey Jane! I just finished my SECOND round two days ago and am doing random workouts here and there until I start Turbofire.. GOOD LUCK TO YOU! You'll be fantastic!
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    I just restarted my p90x at day one on Monday. I got through week 5 but just couldn't get it all in. I'm restarting and really trying to stick to better nutrition. I might even add some extra cardio. I just got discouraged because I was still wearing size 13 jeans after five weeks. i'm hoping if I'm more strict with food i'll see more of a difference, I definitely need support...we should keep this thread going.
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weight about 180...it does suck so bad!
  • mrogers8996
    Options
    I just want to feel better. I had a child 6 years ago and have not been able to get motivated. when I did get any move to lose I would lose only 10 pounds and then my body would stop losing but i would continue to work out and could never lose anymore so at this point it is desperation cause I feel bad all time and have no energy. I have a family and it is hard to even get up to cook or clean without being out of breath. I dont want pity I want results that will last a lifetime. Cause in this fat suit there is no life. my knees hurt and I have chest pains and back hurts. everything hurts. I am only 29 and there is no excuse and futhermore no reason for me not to take on this challenge.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    building muscle takes time and eating right will really help. it took me around a year to lose 25 to 30 lbs and that was by working out (running lifting biking) ect 5 to 6 days a week and doing the sometime watching what I was eating. now I'm trying much hard to be more carefull about my food to lose that last 20 or so. Anyway remember your body dont put weight on everything we over ate, soo it will take time to take it off too. Dont exspect miracle! slow and easy becomes a life style change! fast is just another diet and we all know that diets dont work forever Good luck and keep up the positive attitude