Shoes

kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
How often do you replace your shoes?

I bought a pair of Addidas cross-trainers this past summer and I notice that my left shin is getting sore. Is that a sign I should be replaceing them?

I do TurboFire, if that makes a difference.

Replies

• Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    I usually swtich around 200 miles. I will keep using the old shoes for longer runs until the new ones get about 50 miles on them. I can usaully start to tell they need to go by looking at the wear on the bottom and insides.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    How often do you replace your shoes?

I bought a pair of Addidas cross-trainers this past summer and I notice that my left shin is getting sore. Is that a sign I should be replaceing them?

I do TurboFire, if that makes a difference.
    At least every 6 months more often if needed. If you're a regular runner it might just be time for you to be looking for a brand spanking new pair. Good shoes feel so much better to run in:love:
  • HappyRN
    HappyRN Posts: 27 Member
    When I start to have knee and hip pain because I overpronate. So for me that is about every 2 months. I do TurboFire and other workouts as well.
  • if your shins are getting sore,
    try tieing your shoe laces tighter.
    i was having the same issue but dont anymore
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    I would suggest that you find a good running store and get fitted for the proper shoe. Even if you are not a runner, they are usually very knowledgeable and can make sure you are exercising in the right shoe for your body type. Last I heard you are suppose to replace your shoes every 600 miles.... how you figure that when you are not walking or running I do not know:)
This discussion has been closed.