does anyone have VITAMIX 750 blender?

Options
2»

Replies

• zenaxe
    zenaxe Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    We have the Vitamix 5200 and use it all the time. Truly an amazing appliance. Expensive but top notch
  • Marzstar
    Marzstar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As our gift to one another, my husband and I purchased a Vitamix Pro for Christmas. It actually arrived a week before the holidays, and since then we've used it at least once a day, mostly for smoothies in the morning. I can't wait to try out some of the soup recipes!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Why that model? Most if not all Vitamix models can soup. I'm considering a refurbished model for $299. It's the 2nd from the bottom line model. Best deal I've found is from their site.

Is this for the standard reconditioned? I got one right before Christmas; it's a 5200. It looks completely brand-new and has a five-year warranty. I absolutely love it! I've used it for smoothies, soup (yes, it does heat the soup to steaming if you run it 5 minutes or so), horchata, and nut butters. I don't think I'll buy nut butters anymore. It's cheaper to make them myself and they taste amazing. Totally creamy, still completely spreadable after refrigeration, and I can make my own combinations. Right now I have cinnamon-almond, and cashew-peanut in jars in my refrigerator. It takes longer to get the butter out of the jar then it does to turn roasted nuts into creamy deliciousness, no oil necessary.

OP - I do agree with Jeffseeking - you may not actually have a need for the $650 version. I got my 5200 for $244 shipped and the only negative is that the jar is too tall to fit under the cupboards on the counter, so I had to make another place for it.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Get a nutrininja !

Ninja machines have a 1-year warranty.

Vitamix and Blendtek have 5 to 8 year warranties, depending on which model you choose. And they pay for shipping to and from for any covered repairs, too.

It's clear which machines are intended to last and which are disposable.

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Why that model? Most if not all Vitamix models can soup. I'm considering a refurbished model for $299. It's the 2nd from the bottom line model. Best deal I've found is from their site.

Is this for the standard reconditioned? I got one right before Christmas; it's a 5200. It looks completely brand-new and has a five-year warranty. I absolutely love it! I've used it for smoothies, soup (yes, it does heat the soup to steaming if you run it 5 minutes or so), horchata, and nut butters. I don't think I'll buy nut butters anymore. It's cheaper to make them myself and they taste amazing. Totally creamy, still completely spreadable after refrigeration, and I can make my own combinations. Right now I have cinnamon-almond, and cashew-peanut in jars in my refrigerator. It takes longer to get the butter out of the jar then it does to turn roasted nuts into creamy deliciousness, no oil necessary.

OP - I do agree with Jeffseeking - you may not actually have a need for the $650 version. I got my 5200 for $244 shipped and the only negative is that the jar is too tall to fit under the cupboards on the counter, so I had to make another place for it.

Looks like you got the same deal as I posted.
  • essence918
    Options
    Was so excited to get a Vitamix for Christmas. Unfortunately, it was a dud. Took it back to Costco and they no longer have it because it was a "Road Show Only" item. Got the lesser model instead. Took this back as well because it did not blend well (yes I followed the directions). A friend that has a Vitamix tried it and said it was sluggish. Got the Blendtec that Costco sells. Took this back after it walked across my counter, though my smoothie was great. I know that Vitamix and Blendtecs are both great machines. I'm now wondering about the products made specifically for Costco. Think I will order a refurbished Vitamix or Blendtec directly from the manufacturer. Any suggestions?
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    If you think the Vitamix doesn't blend well or is sluggish, you have to be doing it wrong.

Get the refurbished one. It was about $270 shipped for the 5200.

I love mine. Made dessert for my daughter last night. And this thing really does a great job at pulverizing the seeds when I add the frozen berries.
  • essence918
    Options
    I thought I was doing something wrong as well. That's why I called the expert. He has had a Vitamix for 9 years. He was not impressed with this model. I don't know exactly what he meant by sluggish but he recommended returning it.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    They all have the same motor. It's just the features that are different. but get a reconditioned one. It's way cheaper and you get a 5 yr warr