Training for my 1st Triathlon

Options
Hi ---

So my co-worker/friend talked me into entering Tri for a Cure ( A triathlon to raise money for brease cancer), this is my 1st triathlon and I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time. My friend swears it's not competitive just a whole lot of women being active together for a good cause, so I shouldn't worry so much. If anything it is a great reason to get in the shape and loose the weight that I wanted to \for the past few years. If anyone has trained for a triathlon before, I would love some training and diet suggestions. :happy:

Replies

• forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is great! Good for you for taking that step. Can you tell us how active/fit you are at all? Also what distance your triathlon is?

I've only ever done the short courses so I can't really help you with training for a long distance but good luck with it!

You might try googling free triathlon training programs on the net, they have some pretty good ones :)
  • funfor5
    funfor5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats~~~ I have done 2 Triathlons and they are fantastic!!! I still get nervous the day of, but they are so exhilirating when you are finished! When is it? and what are the distances?

I just signed up for a 1/2 iron man~ YIKES! feeling seriously like a crazy person - but goals are great! It is a 1.2 miles swim, 56 miles bike ride and 13.1 mile run.......but it's not for 5 1/2 months - so plenty of time to train. I would love to hear your progress!!!

You will do GREAT :flowerforyou: