Binge Recovery

Options
Hey MFP people! What is up????

I had an awful binge day yesterday where I ate about 6000 calories. It might've actually been more. I weighed everything out, so I knew what I was doing, but for some reason I just couldn't stop. I was still hungry after all that food. That's the crazy part! I've been at a pretty big caloric deficit (set to sedentary, burn 2 lbs per week. I'm not sedentary anymore), so I was surprised at how much I ate. My question then, is this. Should I just not eat today and tomorrow? Would fasting these two days be better for my body as to avoid the consequences of the crazy surplus be a good idea?

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you've only got 8 lbs left to lose. Your goals should be more in the 1/2 lb/week loss; not 2 lb/week loss.
    Are you eating back any exercise calories? Between the aggressive weight loss goal and the exercising, you are probably not eating enough to fuel your body, which is why yesterday happened.
    Adjust your goals and include at least some of your exercising calories. You'll feel less need to binge.

No, do not fast. Keep eating.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you've only got 8 lbs left to lose. Your goals should be more in the 1/2 lb/week loss; not 2 lb/week loss.
    Are you eating back any exercise calories? Between the aggressive weight loss goal and the exercising, you are probably not eating enough to fuel your body, which is why yesterday happened.
    Adjust your goals and include at least some of your exercising calories. You'll feel less need to binge.

This.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

This.

• Danwantsskinniness
    Options
    Alright. Thank you for the advice. I'll try that going down to .5 lb per week. I appreciate it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

All of this