Motivation

katiezi
katiezi Posts: 44 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
How can I become more motivated to get out of my comfy PJ's and exercise?

Replies

• Oh, I've had that same problem for a long long time. I hear that it takes 20-something consecutive work outs to start a habit.

Recently, I find it easy to get up and work out. I think it comes from watching motivating TV shows like Hellcats. (Those girls are so fit!) I just know that I'm not gonna get anywhere without exercising. It also feels pretty great to wake up, sweat, shower and know that you're done for the day. It's invigorating.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Find your 'why.' WHY do you want to get fit? Why is working out important to that goal? Once you can find the why, and it's an important why that truly speaks to your heart, the steps to getting there become more important.
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    A lot of trainers recommend that you find some kind of exercise you find enjoyable, and that will make it easier.

But I'm not sure I subscribe to that idea. If you really don't like working out, it will be hard to find the motivation anyway. I think one of the most high-profile personal trainers here in Norway has an interesting way to look at it:

For the first few weeks, you need to look at working out as a chore. It's just something that has to be done, whether you want to or not - like laundry or dishes. And then you get in the habit of just doing it - and THEN you might find you enjoy it.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    just do it the first week or two of any exercise is a pain once you make yourself just do it you wont want to stop bodys love to move its just the mind that gets in the way. important to find something you like try lots of things if you can me i must work out at home in the morning use firm tapes and jaried love starting p90x gyms never worked out for me and believe me i paid alot to join them if you dont have spare cash ask friend and work mates for dvd must everyone has bought a program that collecting dust lol good luck
    just do it your mind will get in gear
This discussion has been closed.