I'm new and looking for friends!

Alegria79
Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I've been really impressed with this site so far, both the calorie and workout tracking and the community I've seen on these boards. I'm looking for friends to help motivate me and exchange ideas.

I'm 31, just got married a few months ago, and want get to a better fitness level and lose more weight. I really don't want to put on the "1st year 10-15 lbs" that a lot of newlyweds put on... :)

I'm really into eating healthy and learning as much as possible about fitness and nutrition. I've only lost a pound so far (since I started 5 days ago), but a girl's gotta start somewhere!

Oh, and I absolutely love when you finish your calories for the day, and the little counter tells you that "in 5 weeks, you'll weigh ____". That's some pretty good motivation right there!

Lisa

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! You will really love it here. Add me as a buddy of you like!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Welcome! I love that little blurb after completing calories for the day too. Let's hope it's right haha.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Welcome Lisa!

Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Thanks for replying!
  • LadyMarylou
    LadyMarylou Posts: 43 Member
    Welcome!!
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Welcome, I haven't been doing this for a long time, but am excited so far about it and am feeling good about it. Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Welcome, I haven't been doing this for a long time, but am excited so far about it and am feeling good about it. Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Hello. I too am impressed with this site and the iPhone application so far. Like you, I signed up less than a week ago. I've been running since November and have seen quite a bit of change. Weightwise, I've dropped anywhere from 5 to 10 pounds. I'm really not sure. I've decided to start eating better along with my running. I bought a cookbook and have been collecting recipes wherever I can find them. Love how this site allows me to enter the recipe and it spits out the calories and such. Feel free to friend me as I could use motivation myself.
  • MzSynt
    MzSynt Posts: 2 Member
    I need support. Is there anyone out there that can help me? I need to drop 56 pounds.
This discussion has been closed.