Proof of how this website will change your life

Options
willywonka
willywonka Posts: 743 Member
I was hesitant to put this in the Success thread because honestly I am a work in progress and I wanted to put this under motivation in hopes that my story will show you what YOU can do .I started MFP about 8 years ago I believe. At that time, I was creeping up to a size 14/16, wasn't even 30 years old yet and felt horrible. I had no energy, continued to eat whatever I wanted to and didn't exercise at all. I half heartedly joined Curves and continued my fast food binges, obviously not seeing any change at all, so I would give up, start over, give up again.

Then one day I started logging and moving and logging and moving. I realized that there are no quick fixes, no magic drinks or pills to take. Just good healthy eating and exercise. None of that would have been possible for me without this website. I even ran a full marathon along the way, something I never dreamed possible. So, I'd like to share a few pics with you. I had my first ever photo session this weekend and for the first time I felt really comfortable in my skin.
I look forward to seeing what Fitness Pal will do for you :flowerforyou:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Replies

• GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look great! Proof of how MFP works if you work it! :drinker:
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations and yes - your story is an inspiration.
  • danajdawe
    danajdawe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Way to go! You look fabulous! Thanks for the motivation. :)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Lovely! Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • joyangbax
    joyangbax Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    :):):):) You look awesome and your words are so true.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    That marathon pic!! :love: You look amazing!!
  • wjk123
    wjk123 Posts: 3
    Options
    you look amazing well done x
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your progress is great. Congrats on the photo shoot as well.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You look Awesome!!!!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Thank ya'll so much, all this support is what makes this place so wonderful!!!
    congratulations on your successes too, every day that we log and stay positive is a Success :flowerforyou:
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread made me think it was going to be spam. Glad I clicked on it. You are a beauty!!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    This is what it is all about!! No gimmicks - just hard work. You look great.
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congratulations. You looked beautiful in your "befores" too. In the after you have a bit of a resemblance to Kate Middleton, to me anyway.
  • yolohunter
    yolohunter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow- you look amazing!
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!

...fyi, your before "pictures" are very nice.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Ya done good! :flowerforyou:
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Agreed 100%. The advice I can give people who doesn't know where to start or how to do this, is to just start logging. That is it. It is inevitable that you will make better choices once you see the calorie content of your meals and the "in 5 weeks you will weigh...." message will get you revved up for action :laugh:
  • jeremydavidd
    jeremydavidd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...great success story
  • LauraGould11
    LauraGould11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Great to see success stories. My goal (that seems so crazy right now) is to run a half marathon. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Your pictures look great. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!