Need motivation!!

Options
Ever get called something that brings you down and you feel like why bother.I've had that happen recently and it made me feel worse.I've been trying to lose weight not just to be skinny but to be a healthier me. Im just looking for some friends that kinda say I got this even on the days I don't wanna do anything.
To say its okay to have a bad day but suck it up and keep going.I've been over weight since high school. I've been afraid to make any friends so I stay to myself a lot only recently have a started branching out but only online. I spend most of my days working and reading. I won't go out if I don't have to. I don't want this type of life anymore. Im just looking for extra motivation and if you think you can help please add me ....... Thank you this is extremely hard for me to write I appreciate it!! ;-)

Replies

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ncze8hf20S1tump61o1_500.jpg
  • KMW1219
    KMW1219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where youre coming from... Don't worry.. we got this!! :)
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've been hurt so many times by people I didn't even know but the truth is , I was my own worst enemy. I have gone through life missing out on all family occasions ,weddings, baby showers and all my daughters activities. Their weddings were the only parts of their lives I couldn't avoid. It was the worst part of my life trying to be normal in such huge crowds at my weight. If I had only learn to love me, my life could have been different. I can only pray that at 59 I can salvage what life I have left

You are so young and have a chance to change .Being over weight doesn't define you. Think of all the positive things there are about you, grab on to confidence and be accepting of who you are . As each day goes by that you have your eating under control you will feel so much better about every thing in your life.. , it won't matter what anyone else thinks because you know in your heart today was good and you can do this. You can do this.
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    mmmhmmm
    me toos,
    always happy to help when and where i can
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I like to say a journey has ups and downs....steep curves and short straight aways but this is what makes the journey worth it....a trip down a long straight road would just be boring.

You got this....heads up, shoulders back and face every day as it is your first day being alive. Look at something beautiful, be curious about something new, and always remember: If you are distressed by anything external or internal the pain or fear is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    MFP should be a safe welcoming forum. And MFPals should always support you. So lets get started . . It's Monday, and I am feeling good and raring to go. Joining me???
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    We all can relate to how you feel and what you are going thru, I personally was the same way I have been overweight since middle school. People would say things even family that would bring me down, there were days I cried and cried. I didn’t want to go out or do anything. One day I looked in the mirror and I was disgusted with myself and let myself go I weighed 350 lbs, I knew then if I didn’t make a change then I would not be around for my family. I needed to make that change for me.

I took baby steps, and even then people always had something negative to say, like you lost some weight, but you still need to lose more, your still fat. I have had my shares of emotionally struggles.

Today I weigh 153 lbs from 350lbs trust me it doesn’t happen overnight, but it CAN happen. With sweat and tears and busting my butt. The more you feel great about yourself the more steps you take. There are days I lose motivation, but we are human it happens. Everyone falls down, but you need to get back up and keep going :) So please feel free to reach out if you need me.

Nadia