Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato chili. Yummmmm
  • KMW1219
    KMW1219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow everyones dinner sounds sooo much better than my boring salad haha!!
  • BethanyCee
    Options
    I made meatball sub cupcakes and fresh blanched green beans on the side. I can't get over how good these were.

http://www.plainchicken.com/2014/09/meatball-sub-cupcakes.html

I made some minor changes (1/3 fat cream cheese, part skim mozz, turkey meatballs), but holy cow. so good. Now I can't wait until I can eat more tomorrow night for dinner. Really easy to make, too!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    wow everyones dinner sounds sooo much better than my boring salad haha!!

you are so right KMW1219 ..

Mine was more a snack because I had a big brunch of left over Chinese brown rice with Shrimp and Scallops with vegetables and garlic sauce ... so dinner was a bowl of vegetable soup and for dessert I had 2 pieces of Monk's Sunflower and Oats bread, toasted, with 1/4cup cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 cup blueberries and piled on top of the toast. I love mixing cottage cheese with some fruit and piling it up on a bit of bread ... something I learned back in Weight Watcher days way - way back.
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I ate a healthy breakfast and a salad that was under two hundred calories for lunch, and I ran 8 miles today, so I had a nice big dinner. Shrimp with homemade alfredo sauce, using zoodles instead of pasta to save on calories. Also saved on calories by using half and half instead of heavy cream in the alfredo sauce. My tastebuds didn't notice the difference, it was yummy and I'm still stuffed!

I realized i should've done it this way... do you mind sharing your recipe for the shrimp alfredo??

Sure! It's actually very easy! The entire batch has 1093 calories. I split that between two people because my fiance and I love a LOT of sauce, but it's easily enough for 3, possibly even 4 people, which would reduce the calories per serving even further.

First, I melt 4 thsp of margarine in a saucepan on low heat. Original recipe called for butter, but margarine is lower in calories and I didn't notice much of a change in taste at all.

Then, I mince up 4-6 cloves of fresh garlic and add it to the margarine. (Fiance and I like a lot of garlic, this can be reduced if you don't want to add as much). I let it cook just until it barely starts to brown.

I add a full cup of half and half slowly, making sure to whisk it well while it incorporates! Just cook long enough for it to start getting hot, no longer

Finally, the last step. I add a full cup and a half of Locatelli Pecarino Romano cheese (powdered, not shredded or cut of the block) and whisk it in until well blended with a thick consistency and starting to get hot. I never use a low-fat cheese here to save calories, not worth sacrificing the flavor. As a matter of fact, I've never use any kind of parm other than locatelli. It's very sharp with an amazing flavor. Other brands simply do not have that same taste and the sauce never tastes right without it. However, this component of the sauce is expensive, and it's expensive calorie-wise too, 480 calories. If you want to substitute your favorite parm, you can, but I wouldn't use a smaller amount. The sauce wouldn't have the right consistency with a smaller amount.

The sauce is now done. I immediately toss it with the pasta so it does not start to congeal. This time, I did not use pasta, but zoodles to save on calories (fiance had a small amount of real pasta, he doesn't like zucchini). I spiralized two large zucchini with my Veggetti for a very large plateful of zoodles. It would have been 800 calories worth of pasta, only 104 calories. Toss in 8 oz (raw, unsure how much cooked) of shrimp, and I had a yummy 886 calorie meal. Could have been a lot less if I used less sauce, and maybe only 4 oz of shrimp, but I love a lot of sauce, and I had the calories to spare :tongue:
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Chopped Greek Salad: Tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, celery, a few black olives, 1 ounce of feta cheese and Litehouse OPA Feta Dill dressing. YUM! (and so filling!)
  • KMW1219
    Options
    ^^^^ That sounds amazing!! I loooove feta cheese!
  • KMW1219
    Options
    I ate a healthy breakfast and a salad that was under two hundred calories for lunch, and I ran 8 miles today, so I had a nice big dinner. Shrimp with homemade alfredo sauce, using zoodles instead of pasta to save on calories. Also saved on calories by using half and half instead of heavy cream in the alfredo sauce. My tastebuds didn't notice the difference, it was yummy and I'm still stuffed!

I realized i should've done it this way... do you mind sharing your recipe for the shrimp alfredo??

Sure! It's actually very easy! The entire batch has 1093 calories. I split that between two people because my fiance and I love a LOT of sauce, but it's easily enough for 3, possibly even 4 people, which would reduce the calories per serving even further.

First, I melt 4 thsp of margarine in a saucepan on low heat. Original recipe called for butter, but margarine is lower in calories and I didn't notice much of a change in taste at all.

Then, I mince up 4-6 cloves of fresh garlic and add it to the margarine. (Fiance and I like a lot of garlic, this can be reduced if you don't want to add as much). I let it cook just until it barely starts to brown.

I add a full cup of half and half slowly, making sure to whisk it well while it incorporates! Just cook long enough for it to start getting hot, no longer

Finally, the last step. I add a full cup and a half of Locatelli Pecarino Romano cheese (powdered, not shredded or cut of the block) and whisk it in until well blended with a thick consistency and starting to get hot. I never use a low-fat cheese here to save calories, not worth sacrificing the flavor. As a matter of fact, I've never use any kind of parm other than locatelli. It's very sharp with an amazing flavor. Other brands simply do not have that same taste and the sauce never tastes right without it. However, this component of the sauce is expensive, and it's expensive calorie-wise too, 480 calories. If you want to substitute your favorite parm, you can, but I wouldn't use a smaller amount. The sauce wouldn't have the right consistency with a smaller amount.

The sauce is now done. I immediately toss it with the pasta so it does not start to congeal. This time, I did not use pasta, but zoodles to save on calories (fiance had a small amount of real pasta, he doesn't like zucchini). I spiralized two large zucchini with my Veggetti for a very large plateful of zoodles. It would have been 800 calories worth of pasta, only 104 calories. Toss in 8 oz (raw, unsure how much cooked) of shrimp, and I had a yummy 886 calorie meal. Could have been a lot less if I used less sauce, and maybe only 4 oz of shrimp, but I love a lot of sauce, and I had the calories to spare :tongue:

Wow!! That sounds amazing thank you for sharing! Im probably gonna sound really dumb but I never even knew alfredo sauce had cheese in it! Lol I guess I never really thought about it.
  • Skippy_323
    Skippy_323 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maybe throw some prawns in it, they are low in kilojoules and spice up a boring salad :-)
  • mrsmcauley
    Options
    Stuffed green bell pepper! Yum!
  • lisa81266
    lisa81266 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Indian Tacos
  • EMTFreakGirl
    Options
    ^^^^ That sounds amazing!! I loooove feta cheese!

It's one of my go-to's when I am hungry. You can eat a LOT of chopped veggies and stay with in calorie goals. :bigsmile:
    (and it is a total YUM!)
  • EMTFreakGirl
    Options
    Dinner was lunch today. I had zucchini Ravioli...so good. I made up 44 of these scrumptious little cheese "packets" last week and though they are time intensive, they are so YUM. 4 is a serving and when I made them, I undercooked them a bit, topped with sauce and a few black olive slices and froze individual meals.(They finish cooking in the reheating) Such a treat! Recipe here:
    http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/zucchini-ravioli/

ETA: recipe link.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Salsa chicken cooked in the crockpot all day, black beans and brown rice.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Tonight is probably nothing. Although I guess my Greek yogurt, Kind bar and 5 cookies I had for tea can qualify as 'dinner'.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am having a nice big garden salad with grilled chicken. It's my favorite go to meal when I am home alone.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I have some chicken marinating in Italian dressing to throw on the grill. Probably pasta and marinara for a side and some kind of undecided vegetable...probably Brussels Sprouts.
  • MARUW
    MARUW Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Simple salad with broccoli and lean hamburger patty.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I wasn't as active as usual today - Steak, veggies, maybe fruit if I have any.
  • lkoconnell
    Options
    That sounds delish! I'm trying that