Ladies around 5'10" to 5'11" - What are your goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• inkedmommy67
    inkedmommy67 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and the lowest I've been was 155 but I am very big boned so I looked pretty nasty. I am shooting around 175, my highest was 254 and I am currently at 203. =]
  • JennaNicoleS
    JennaNicoleS Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and originally my goal was 115 (I was/am dealing with an eating disorder). Now that I have become more clear headed about my health, my goal is around 150 or so. I started at 220 but am now at 202 :)
    My main goal is to not try to think about the scale though, that's where so many people go wrong. The number doesn't matter as much as people think, the thing you should shoot for is feeling healthy! Muscle weighs much more than fat also, so if you're trying to get toned, the scale will often tell you that you weigh more than you'd expect. My main goal is to get to a size where I can wear my old clothes and not feel suffocated. You're goal should be feeling great and confident! The number on the scale doesn't matter as long as you're healthy physically, emotionally, and mentally. Hope this helps!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    5'10" and currently at 215. Trying to get to 180 and then take it from there. I started at 320, got down to 186...so close...and then went back up. Caught myself before gaining all that back. I really rely on my clothes more now that the scale, but the scale still has some control over me.

I have a couple of fitness goals. One is to break 1:30 on the triathlon I have done the last 3 years, hopefully next year is the year. I also want to be able to do one, just one unassisted pull-up. Of course that would be easier if I lost some more weight.
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 150. The smallest I've been is 152. The smallest I've been that I felt I was able to easily manage was with proper diet and exercise was 154. Even at 152 I wasn't happy with my tummy, I felt like I still needed to lose 2-3 pounds in that area. But I want to be 150, and I think the difference is this time is that on the way getting there I don't want to go to any extremes, meaning I'm eating the appropriate amount of calories and not depriving myself of favorites for prolonged periods of time. Honestly the number doesn't really matter as much to me anymore, if I'm satisfied at 155, that'll be great too! I'm hoping that this route helps with my tummy more. Right now I'm at 163ish, focused, and ready to hit my goals :)
  • AmandaPantz87
    AmandaPantz87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 160 and I will see where I want to go from there....once I get there of course!
  • amoynoodle
    amoynoodle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's tough to set weight goals when you have no frame of reference of how that weight will look on you!! This is my problem anyway, I'm 5'11" and am at 171lbs now, but want to get down to 155 ish... however, I have never been that light, so I don't know if thats just completely unachievable. I also have a pretty good amount of muscle under my wobbles already from working out lots in the past... so who knows... perhaps 155 won't actually be possible!! haha. I fully agree with JennaNicoleS above though, its more about how you -feel- than what the scale says.... I already feel infinitely more awesome at 171 than i did at 177 a couple of months ago!

Good luck all of you gorgeous ladies though! ;)
  • JamieZ0503
    Options
    I'm 6 ft tall and I have always felt my best at 160-165. 145-155 always felt too thin for me. Currently, I am 195.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. My goal weight is 149, although I may drop my goal to 145 when I get closer. I would like to be a size 8 and a size 32/34C bra. My starting weight was 215 (ahhh). I'm now 167. I'm all hips and chest, so I'm really hoping the rest of the weight comes off of there.

Fitness goals: I want to be able to do a chin-up. I also want to be able to participate in a "Jam." I do Lindy Hop (a type of swing dance). A jam is a super high speed burst of dancing. Different pairs jump in, show off reaaaaaaallllly fast, and then jump out. Part of it is skill, part fitness (the feet are FLYING), part confidence.
  • dmsx3
    dmsx3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and was always on the thinner side hovering around 135 for most of my early adult life. I never thought I was too thin. That was just naturally how I was built. I didn't diet and ate whatever I wanted, just had a high metabolism and struggled to gain weight when I tried. I am 45 now and am at 180ish. My goal is 160 and then go from there.