Low Carb Breakfast Ideas???

Options
2»

Replies

• kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    What do you consider low-carb though? My diabetic self is on 100g per day. Spread evenly through the day they keep my blood sugar steady, so I really eat anything.
    A pack of plain oatmeal (can't be bothered to cook in the morning) smothered with cinnamon and 1 piece of rye toast with butter is under 30, which is my limit for a meal. Everything everyone else says except fruit, cause I can't take it. Sometimes I'll throw some berries in, cause those are pretty low GI.

Also keep in mind, your body treats fibre differently than carbs, so a net carb is carb minus fibre-which opens your options a bit.
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Fritattas or most breakfast casseroles.
  • sweating_for_wedding
    Options
    I haven't actually done the calculations because I wasn't using MFP while I was making them, but when my doctor told me to stay away from bad starches and carbs, she recommended a breakfast for me: greek yogurt pancakes.

Take
    -2tbsp oat bran
    -2tbsp plain greek yogurt (no flavorings or anything)
    -an egg white.

Whip all together and cook like a pancake. Feel free to sweeten/flavor with cinnamon, vanilla, etc. I had that for breakfast every day with some more greek yogurt and fruit and it was very filling.