stuck for midweek breakfast ideas...help please

Options
2»

Replies

• Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    If porridge is not your thing you might try a breakfast burrito. Pretty much anything goes, eggs, meat, rice, potatoes, veggies. They travel really well and can be made in bulk and frozen. Also... don't limit yourself to just breakfast foods. If you like it, eat it. It doesn't really matter if it's morning or "traditional". If it fits your dietary needs and time constraints go for it whether it seems weird for breakfast or not.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I used to get ready and out the door in 5 minutes. Fry an egg (break the yolk for faster cooking) and stick some bread in the toaster. Once you get your coat and shoes on it's about time to flip the egg. Once you flip it, turn off the element. Toast should pop then. Butter your toast, add some cheese if you want, and by now your egg has finished cooking. Voila! A delicious egg and cheese sandwich. Keeps you full until lunch too!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love making breakfast casseroles on Sunday for the whole week. You can find lots of great recipes online. I love oatmeal and potato based ones :flowerforyou:
  • alska
    alska Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs sliced in half n 1 tomato on a vine cut into quarters and add black pepper n eat!

1/4 cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 small apple diced small, 1/8 tablespoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup water, stir n microwave 2 minutes n eat

In a mug, 1 egg scrambled, 1 tablespoon milk, pepper n microwave till done n spinkle with an 1/8 to cup of your favorite shredded cheese. Have it with toast or fruit.

your favorite yogurt, 1/2 cup your favorite frozen berries n then top it with a 1/4 cup granola n 1/8-1/4 cup sliced almonds

or my favorite is an egg sandwich ... fried egg with 0 calorie cooking spray, 1 slice of american cheese on an english muffin
  • goanothermile
    goanothermile Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What about Overnight Oats? You can add any fruit to them and they're ready to go in the morning!

I've been on an overnight oats kick for several weeks.

I like mine - 1/3 cup rolled oats, 1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt, 1/3 almond milk. Sometimes I throw in some frozen blueberries. Another tasty alternative is chocolate almond milk.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal - I just chop an apple, add a bit of stevia and some cinnamon and nuke it for 2 minutes. Or just mix some nut butter after it's cooked... It takes 2 minutes to make. Overnight oats works too, I just can't really get into them though.

Breakfast sandwiches/burritos are easy too, you can make scrambled eggs in 1 minute in the microwave, just add some cheese, ham or bacon (which you can also microwave for 2 minutes) and you're done.

A yogurt parfait doesn't take much time either, just layer Greek yogurt, some cereal/granola and some fruit.

Heck I made French toast in 5 minutes for my kids this morning. Just get up 5 minutes earlier and make some. Or spend 20 minutes making pancakes on the week end, freeze them, microwave them for 1 minute, instant breakfast.

There are a lot of options... heck just microwave last night's leftovers.
  • lvsglass
    lvsglass Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    imagejpg9_zps97a7a05c.jpg

1 egg with 2 oz. oven roasted potatoes and a baked apple for 330 calories!