Post-partum Mommy

Options
Hi there. I've been missing in action for a while. I have a 7 week new baby on my hands, as well as a 4 year old to keep up with. After having my first I gained 30 lbs and just couldn't seem to shake them. This time around my pregnancy weight just seemed to melt away. 7 weeks have gone by and only 5 lbs to go. :)

I'd love to meet some people in the same boat, dealing with kids, struggling to lose that stubborn post-pregnancy weight.

I am breast feeding and welcome others to friend me who are also trying to lose weight while nursing. I have loosely set my calorie goal at 1800 to accommodate for this but I'm not going to stress over the number. My goal is to eat when I'm hungry, but eat right, track, get active and have fun with my babes.

Can't wait to connect! Take care! :)

Replies

• SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 4 week old infant and a 3 year old toddler. I only gained 25 pounds this pregnancy (started out about 7 pounds over my goal). I've lost 12 pounds of "baby weight", so I have about 20 total to lose. Would love to connect!
  • annasbananaz
    annasbananaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi--add meee!!! New and looking for friends for support! I'm 33 and have 3 children..16, 4 & 2 yrs old. Starting Fit in 21 (clean eating & portion control) along with cross fit training! Kids make it so hard!! I swear it's not really an excuse! Ever try running on a treadmill with a baby learning to walk nearby?! But I'm committing myself to actually leaving my house on my 3 days off in order to go gym. Just can't do it at home!

I lost 70 pounds on Atkins about 10 years ago, but haven't had the gumption to stick with it hardcore as before for some reason :( hopefully this will work for me. I'll have carbs..but only whole grain and very small portions. I'm currently 167..looking to be between 125-133!
  • dee222777
    Options
    Add me please!!! Had mine a couple weeks ago, second boy, looking to lose 20 lbs in the course of the year. Stubborn weight.. on my small frame it just feels awful. The stress of adjusting to the newborn and first child doesn't help!
  • deannebelanger
    Options
    Hey, I had my second 10 weeks ago and have considerable more to lose. After having my daughter, now 3.5 years old, I lost 120 lbs (I was very overweight to begin with and have always had weight issues) then I got pregnant for my son and was planning the healthiest pregnancy ever as I didn't want to sabotage all I had accomplished, but he had other plans. It was a terrible pregnancy riddled with issues and anyway, I ended up gaining a lot. I've lost 30 but have about 50 more to go. I lost the weight by doing herbal magic and breastfeeding but don't plan on paying to join again and plan on mixing the lifestyle I had on herbal magic with the support available here, so please add me!
  • Nurserin99
    Nurserin99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there...add me please.. I have an 8 yr old, 3 yr old, and a 7 week old. I used to workout and run 3-4/week and am slowly try to get back into it. I am also breastfeeding so trying to accommodate for that .
  • bklimuck
    bklimuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 12 weeks post partum ☺️ add me.
  • amie__90
    amie__90 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a 7 month old and want to lose 20lbs I'm struggling so much as my basic metabolic rate is low to lose 1lb per week I'm only allowed 1200 calories which leaves me tired and grumpy!
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My baby girl is 7 weeks today. Time to start working out! I'll add you if that's ok :)