Here is my story...

myfitnessplan
myfitnessplan Posts: 1
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I am a 40 year old housewife with five children ages 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2. I have been on a weight loss journey for a while...lost 50 gained 65 doing WW. After failing again...I started to take a serious look at weight loss surgery. After much research and prayer, on Feb 27, I had Gastric Bypass Surgery. I decided to join this website because keeping a daily log is very important no matter what your weight loss tool is. The surgery has been an excellent tool for me so far. I have lost over 40 pounds and counting.

Replies

• aniebugg
    aniebugg Posts: 2
    Hi there! Congratulations! I too have had Gastric Bypass surgery after 15+ years of 'dieting'(and I'm only 33!). My one year annaversary is right around the corner and I feel so blessed to have this tool . I love myfitnesspal too, to track my food, calories, and exercise. Good luck to you and enjoy! Oh, and my surgery date was 6/18/07. I've lost about 90#.
  • Wow, what great progress. I had a friend who when through the gastric bypass surgery and sad to say, you would have never had known. For you to lose so much weight and still counting that is fabulous. I think that with my friends who have had this surgery, they think that is all they have to do and not keep track of their calorie intake and exercise. I just joined a couple of days ago. I have not had the surgery but need to lose 83 lbs. and I know that if I don't keep track of my calories that I can just balloon up again. I actually never knew how many calories I should be eating. My sister signed me up for this site and I am glad she did. This keeps you in check with yourself.

Enough about the babble. I think that you are doing great.
  • noniconnie
    noniconnie Posts: 3
    welcome. were glad to have you.:wink:
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Wow!!!! thats brill. i am the same as yourself. I am 41 with 2 girls 18 & 15 I went to ww and took a load off and then a load more back on and then some more. I like this site coz you have to sign in daily and that really keeps me in check. I am a new member and just been on for a few days, and you have really motivated me a lot. I have 64 pounds to lose and i hope i do as well as you. It must be a great feeling loseing all that weight.
    pamela :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.