Benefits of Water

What exactly are the benefits of drinking water?

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Living
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Living
    lolz

/thread.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    my bottle says it's good for hydration

(unfortunately that is true, the print on the bottle says water is good for hydration)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    Helps get rid of those pesky "tokzinz".

Cat-cute-drink-gif-haha-gif.gif
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Depending on your level of activity and dietary intake you may not need to drink a lot of water. The conventional wisdom of 8 cups a day has no basis in science, it's a convenient way to try to get people to drink more water.

The benefits of drinking water, other than hydration, rather than other beverages is that it's calorie free, caffeine free and (in most parts of the world) readily available and virtually free.

Follow your thirst......
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    my bottle says it's good for hydration

:drinker: drink up
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Living
    lolz

/thread.

^ this.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    1. It's a bit like putting oil in your car - it will keep moving parts lubricated.
    2. Your muscles need it to recover after a workout.
    3. It will help against water retention, especially if you consume a lot of salt/ sodium.
    4. It will help you digest your food, and keeps it moving through your system.
    5. It helps you to stay alert.
    6. It helps keep your eyes bright.
    7. It keeps hunger at bay.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    I think the benefits are mostly centered around staving off the disadvantages of not drinking water.

Or put another way, I don't think you get bonus points for drinking more water once your body is optimally hydrated.
  • CamGoddess
    CamGoddess Posts: 28 Member
    What even keel said, and:

Supple skin
    and
    Not forming stones!

:bigsmile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Being appropriately hydrated keeps your entire bodily system working properly.
  • quackers82
    quackers82 Posts: 55 Member
    If i have just water or almost just water as my fluids for the day i feel great. If i have Coffee's, Tea and Coke by the time i get to 5PM i feel like crap, and energy drained and just horrible. So to me the benefits are just feeling better.