low-carb, low-cal salad dressing

Options
Hi all! Anyone have any good suggestions for low-carb, low-calorie salad dressings? I love ranch, thousand island and caeser dressings but am trying to find some healthier options. I have been experimenting with making them myself, as well...but I don't always have time to do that. Any thoughts? :)

Replies

• IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    what kind if salad?

i usually just put a bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil if it's lettuce, don't use anything for other salads
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Kraft has a light balsamic vinaigrette that I really like, only 25 cals per serving.
  • mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse ranch in produce section of grocery store. 45Calories maybe 5 carbs per serving. Delicious!
  • laciemn
    laciemn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you get fresh herbs like parsley and cilantro, you can freeze them in ice cube trays! When you need a quick and good dressing, take out an herb cube and put it in like 3/4 a cup of nonfat yogurt. I did with cilantro and yogurt and it was awesome and low cal, plus you get some protein too.
  • eclamer
    Options
    Sounds like you like the creamy dressings like me. I recently found this recipe. Blend together about equal parts buttermilk & cottage cheese, then add your own seasonings or a packet mix. You can add blue cheese crumbles too.

I know it sounds a little odd, i tried it & am hooked. I used my magic bullet, works like a charm.

So for 1/2 cup of your base dressing there is about 65 calories! (1% cottage cheese)

Let me know if you try it & what you think.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    eclamer wrote: »
    Sounds like you like the creamy dressings like me. I recently found this recipe. Blend together about equal parts buttermilk & cottage cheese, then add your own seasonings or a packet mix. You can add blue cheese crumbles too.

I know it sounds a little odd, i tried it & am hooked. I used my magic bullet, works like a charm.

So for 1/2 cup of your base dressing there is about 65 calories! (1% cottage cheese)

Let me know if you try it & what you think.

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing.