Weight loss advice

Options
2»

Replies

• leanneeliza
    Options
    A reasonal ammount being 1200 i eat 400 less than this and this isnt going to be long term jus need to loose some weight quick as motivation and also for my holiday in 7 weeks.

Eating 1200 calories i dont lose weight i have done that before thats why i dropped to 800.

Im not statving my self if i feel hungy i will eat.

For the record, 800 calories is about what concentration camp victims were fed during WWII.

If you were accurately logging and eating 1200 calories a day, gave your body the time needed to adjust, and still lost no weight, then it might be a good idea to visit your doctor and rule out any health conditions.

I have been to my doctor and yes i do have medical conditions that are 'could' be effecting my weight

When i was in high school i starved my self to the point where i can no longer have children - Then i went totally in the oppsite direction and gained 7st. I dont want to go back down that route thats why i want advice.

If you have medical conditions that may affect your weight loss, then you need to speak with your doctor to make sure they're sorted out. It also sounds like you could benefit from sitting down with someone like a counselor or registered dietitian who has experience helping those with a history of disordered eating.

I will try and get an appointment with my doctor but there is usually a 4 week wait.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Nope, All stop.

history of an ED and a medical disorder.

You have specific needs that a random internet forum probably isn't going to be able to address in a productive, healthy way.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    A reasonal ammount being 1200 i eat 400 less than this and this isnt going to be long term jus need to loose some weight quick as motivation and also for my holiday in 7 weeks.

Eating 1200 calories i dont lose weight i have done that before thats why i dropped to 800.

Im not statving my self if i feel hungy i will eat.

For the record, 800 calories is about what concentration camp victims were fed during WWII.

If you were accurately logging and eating 1200 calories a day, gave your body the time needed to adjust, and still lost no weight, then it might be a good idea to visit your doctor and rule out any health conditions.

I have been to my doctor and yes i do have medical conditions that are 'could' be effecting my weight

When i was in high school i starved my self to the point where i can no longer have children - Then i went totally in the oppsite direction and gained 7st. I dont want to go back down that route thats why i want advice.

With this you should not be going to a forum for advice. My advice is to go see a doctor.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am currently 74 KG and want to lose 11 KG I don’t really have a lot of time to exercise due to working full time and studying OU (Open University)
    Would love some advice!
    weighing about 165 pounds and wanting to lose 25 does not sound too drastic. But no one here is going to approve of a 800 calorie diet. So please take the advice.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Nope, All stop.

history of an ED and a medical disorder.

You have specific needs that a random internet forum probably isn't going to be able to address in a productive, healthy way.

THIS x10000000000000000000.

seriously. Go to your doctor. If you can't get in with your primary care physician, go to the hospital emergency room. there are SIGNIFICANT underlying issues here that NEED to be addressed before you restrict yourself so dramatically. You need to develop a healthy relaitonship with food first and foremost.

Best of luck to you.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Most every woman I know does crash diets. I'm not against them. I don't think the sky will fall, lol. Most women have done it at some point.

You aren't most women, though.

I worry that 800 calories a day will trigger you. You'll get all that happy starving stuff people who get hooked on starving get and you'll convince yourself that you can enjoy that and lose weight without get sucked back down into the hell.

You can't. It's like alcoholism. Alcoholics should never start drinking and anorexics should never start starving. I don't believe in former EDs. Once you have one, it's with you for life. You always have to recognize the signs and guard against slipping. It's almost impossible to undereat and not get sucked back in. You have to take the weight loss very slowly.

See your doctor. See a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.

Don't go back down that road. You know it leads to a bad place. Stay safe!

Good luck.