Pumpkin Muffin Recipe Help

Options
2»

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I use 1 box of cakemix and 1 can of pumpkin. That's it. They do turn out kinda dense, but I like them that way. ;)
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Last Friday I made low calorie pumpkin muffins from spark recipes, they were fair , I think next time I will try the one with a cake mix and pumpkin. I'm a little confused as to add an egg or not, or how much water, it looks like no oil too. I know people sometimes add applesauce in place of oil too. I have never tried spice cake does it have the spices normally in pumpkin? I see white cake was used too, has anyone ever used chocolate. I just need some clarification please.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Last Friday I made low calorie pumpkin muffins from spark recipes, they were fair , I think next time I will try the one with a cake mix and pumpkin. I'm a little confused as to add an egg or not, or how much water, it looks like no oil too. I know people sometimes add applesauce in place of oil too. I have never tried spice cake does it have the spices normally in pumpkin? I see white cake was used too, has anyone ever used chocolate. I just need some clarification please.

You just use a box mix and the can of pumpkin, and a bit of water if you like... that's it. Yeah some people do it with a brownie mix. I've tried plain yellow cake and carrot cake personally (the carrot cake one was the best).
  • Robin66NJ
    Robin66NJ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did this with a box of brownie mix and it was awesome but they are supposed to be denser - I would think for cupcakes you need to add egg or something to make them lighter

I just did this exact same thing last week...a box of brownie mix and a can of pure pumpkin puree and for extra fiber I added 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Brownie mix is added to my grocery list! My kids are going to love some pumpkin brownies!! :)
    Thanks for the idea!
  • 78105234a
    78105234a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Curious - if you do the brownie mix, what does it taste like? LOL. I mean, can you taste the pumpkin at all? I guess the mix of chocolate and pumpkin just sounds a bit odd.