OMG I love lifting!

Options
With my sad little 15lb weights! These past couple of weeks have been my first time working out in a YEAR! I've been at it for 2 weeks now and some of my sets were with 5lb-ers and others were 15s depending on which movements I was doing. I just finished my entire lifting workout with 15s today and went for 45 mins instead of 30! So I definately upped the challenge and I feel like jello. I LOVE that feeling! I'm so excited to move up to 20 lbs.

Part of me is like "Pfffffft only 15 lbs? That's so lame!" But then another part of me goes "Shut up b*tch. This is my first step on the road to lifting heavy!"

So yeah. Just wanted to share my happiness with having my entire workout be with 15 lbs now instead of split weights. It's my first lifting increase.

Anyone just starting out lifting and super stoked about the little things?

Replies

• MrsWanland
    MrsWanland Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just started strength training about 3 1/2 weeks ago and I love it! It feels good when you can move up in weights. Some exercises I haven't moved past where I started just yet, but others I've increased weight week over week. For example, I still can't do a bicep curl over 8lbs, but for the leg press, I started at 55lbs and last week was up to 120lbs! Felt good! Feel free to add me if you want support!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Woo 120! I lift at home so I havnt done any presses yet, just dumbbell squats for legs. That's one of the reasons why I need to get over my gym hatred. It will give me access to a few more things that I could use.