Anyone slightly overweight?

Options
Hi,
I'm a stubborn 6lbs overweight. My ultimate goal is to get well within my healthy weight range. But first thing is first: trying to loose those 6 lbs. FYI I'm 5'1" so 6lbs shows a lot on me. I'm looking for friends a similar goal or just friendly supportive people. Lets fight to get healthy together!

Replies

• Lanamasha55
    Lanamasha55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 5'4 and 6 pounds makes a huge difference. I would like to lose 10-15. Today I am going to zumba for the first time - cardio/running is what has worked the best for me! Typically, I run 1.5-2 miles a day and it really helps you lose pounds. Good luck!
  • FIT2125
    FIT2125 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello ,

I am 5'1'' as well my current weight is 136 pounds. I would have to lose about 4 pounds to put me at BMI 24.9 . Ideally I would like to be around 125 pounds .

About my self I am 33 year old female .I was never a lean kid growing up . It would be such a personal achievement if I could lose that weight .
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I only need to lose 10 lbs, Even tho the wife likes me as is...
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm also in the same situation 5'1/2" and just cann't lose last few pounds which is so annoying. I do alot of cardio but somebody suggested weights training which I'm considering but only at home.
    Feel free to add me
    George (UK)
  • audrearobbins
    Options
    I too only need to lose 15-20 pounds... But I never realized how hard 15-20 could be! I just don't feel like me right now. I chalk my weight gain up to becoming a night owl the past 2 years and I don't sleep well (which I have just discovered is because I was drinking Pepsi-Max too late in the day). But because I would wake up in the night, I would go to my kitchen and just eat everything in sight. I don't know why I cannot seem to stop this habit now - I'm still so drowsy and don't know what I'm doing most times. I remember when I wake up sometimes... Any suggestible HELP on that would be great! I am still a size 6-8, but I was once a size 2-4. I would like that back as I feel so unhealthy as I am now.

I've tried the Low Carb/High Fat diet but I didn't lose but 5 pounds in 2 weeks. So I'm going to try a Low Carb/High Protein diet instead to see if that works better. I think that trying to eat 6 times a day is also backfiring on me some too! Any suggestions?
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I was 147 last November and my current weight is 132 give or take. I was at my heaviest at 147 and being 5'4 that's alot for me or at least I think it was. I reached my goal weight and then some months ago and am maintaining now.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Me! I only have 4ish pounds to lose before I am at a healthy BMI. However, I want to lose some more, as has been said, to get myself comfortably into that healthy weight range. I also want to tone up quite a bit because even skinny fat is not a good look on my 5'2" frame.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I only need to lose 10 lbs, Even tho the wife likes me as is...

I need to lose 10 pounds too, but to me its not "only". I find it very hard to do. However, I will get it done!
  • chrissyg1106
    chrissyg1106 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 5'3 and trying to lose 10-15lbs as of now. Losing 6lbs is definitely a big difference, I try to go to the gym 3-5 times a week and trying to find/make friends in the progress of my weightless. I'm doing a lot of cardio like running/jogging for 10 mins then I start fast-pace walking..I wanna increase my running after I get used to the running/jogging but it does take time and I'm also strength training. If you need any help/advice let me know =), I'm going to school to learn about training which is what my major is in. I don't know it all but if you need help, I'll do my best to answer your questions. Good luck on your journey!
  • js8181
    js8181 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This has always been my problem. I found it difficult because you have to be very strict. Granted, you have to be strict no matter what, weight loss is tough for all sizes, etc. But what I mean is, because even when I was 20 pounds heavier, it was never a health issue, my body didn't 'want' to lose the fat. So what worked for me was keeping very, very close count of my calories and using the basal metabolic rate for my ideal weight as a guide, eating to that number. Even though it's net calories that get you to lose weight, exercise or not, obviously it's best when you reach that goal caloric amount by working out, not just eating less. ANNNND not doing the whole, "Wow, I'm 300 calories below my goal and it's 8pm TIME TO DRINK ALL OF THE BUD LIGHT!" Because even if you're below your calorie mark, and even if you are working out, alcohol is never going to help your weight loss, for sure. Hope that's helpful! Btw, I started out 5'6" and 175lbs and now am at 154lbs. I'm hoping to lose another 5-10 pounds of fat.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    This is me too. I am 5' 3" and want to lose a stone or so (14 lbs) but even 7 lbs would make such a,difference on me. Have never used weights so thinking of trying with all the positive reviews it gets.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I truly miss running. I can't run right now due to injuring my ankle. I sprained it way back in the beginning of May while running a 5k obstacle course, and then resprained it again last month. I've been going to physical therapy for about 12 weeks now, it sucks. Running is a part of me, its been depressing for me not being able to do it. In the mean time I've been trying to find other exercises to do, but they don't really compare to running.
  • beonc223
    beonc223 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can also understand. I'm 5'2 and fluctuate between 139-143 right now. I work a constant changing work shift which makes it hard to keep up with a routine. I'm also hypothyroid, I take 75mg of medication daily. I just need a boost. I was eating paleo for a yr which was great but since I'm a huge bread lover I gave in. I'm starting all over again.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat and only need to lose 15-20 lbs. I'm not super overweight but want to feel better about my body and self. So, to any of you with similar goals, ADD ME! :)
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I wish six pounds showed up on me! 5'9", big boned, 300 +lbs and 11 lbs down, nobody notices a thing :(
  • jorge_ta83
    jorge_ta83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Same boat, "only" 15-20 pounds to lose, things are flowing really sllowwwwww.

Although I've received some feedback of people that I look thinner, although I haven't more than 2 pounds lately.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I was overweight, lost weight, gained it back
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm 5'1" and though I don't know what my ideal weight is (I'd like to build muscle), I'm definitely trying to lose bodyfat.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    I wish six pounds showed up on me! 5'9", big boned, 300 +lbs and 11 lbs down, nobody notices a thing :(
    6lbs may show up on me, but its also a lot harder for me to lose. Last year it took me 6 months to lose only 6lbs. When I was in high school I used to weigh 110lbs, and back then it was noticeable to me if I gained like only 2lbs. The smaller you are, "less is more".

11lbs is still definitely an accomplishment! It would take me forever to lose 11lbs, and I'm trying to lose 18.
  • joestencowwife
    joestencowwife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh you guys are awesome. I'm 5"3 and need to lose 7-14 pounds. I know I can do it, have done it before, but last Christmas and early part of 2014 my year was SO crazy that my diet was off and I put back on weight I'd lost and had off for awhile.

I can't tell you how rare people like us seem to be... everyone around me is either my size and younger and can eat like I used to and not gain a pound, or is taller than me, can eat more and be fit but/AND are overweight... and yes, it can be SO frustrating when I'm doing what I need to in order to be fit and healthy and feel so alone doing it.

The last six are a beast. I know that this first 7 will be so much easier to get off than the last 7... so I'm in the same boat.

I discovered it isn't easy being overweight, but it isn't easy getting to/staying the weight I should be... so I pick my poison as it were...